What's new

IP anomoly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bertilak

Regular Contributor
I have a new printer, an EPSON 4830. It is working wirelessly just fine, but it does not show up in the router's network map client list.

It DOES show in System Log -> Wireless log.

I can ping its IP in Network tools, I can even go to its web page where I am offered the opportunity to change the printer's administrative ID/PW. (Of course I didn't mess with that!)

I have an RT-AC86U with Merlin 386.11

I have a new printer, an EPSON 4830. It is working wirelessly just fine, but it does not show up in the router's network map client list.

It DOES show in System Log -> Wireless log.

I can ping its IP in Network tools, I can even go to its web page where I am offered the opportunity to change the printer's administrative ID/PW. (Of course I didn't mess with that!)

I have an RT-AC86U with Merlin 386.11

Client list is always hit or miss. If you reboot the router it may start showing up, eventually it may disappear if it doesn't generate much traffic to the internet etc. Usually pinging it is enough to get it to show up after a bit, but not always.

yes, as @drinkingbird mentions, there are parts of AsusWRT that are a bit buggy - doesn't impact overall functionality, it's mostly a UI issue...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!