What's new

IPS Trend manual update > possible to have an auto-update?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

duckxks

New Around Here
Hello,

I have an AX86U with 388.1 version.

My question is, is it possible to have a native automatic update for Trend IPS version? Like all NGFW. Or is it plan to deploy this functionnality in the few next versions ?

Capture.JPG

In my case it seem not be an automatic task.
On time signature version was 25 days old, each time I need to do it manually

In case of it's automatic: how it's define? (daily ? weekly? less?) and how check why it's not working in my case
If not really auto, is it possible to improve next firmware version with this

You'll have to ask ASUS... TM is their firmware feature. Or just wait for it to update on its own... the current date 3/4/23 is not that out-of-date.

OE

In my case it seem not be an automatic task.
On time signature version was 25 days old, each time I need to do it manually

In case of it's automatic: how it's define? (daily ? weekly? less?) and how check why it's not working in my case

It works when it feels like it.

I had 2 ASUS routers where there were no updates for over 12 months even with regular hitting the update button.

I wouldn't bother with anything ASUS / TrendMicro , your browsers give better protection.

You'll have to ask ASUS... TM is their firmware feature. Or just wait for it to update on its own... the current date 3/4/23 is not that out-of-date.

OE
Because I did it manually, but as I told on my first post, without action of my part, It can stay all the time with old signature package.
But ok it's only Asus who can provid and manage this point

It works when it feels like it.

I had 2 ASUS routers where there were no updates for over 12 months even with regular hitting the update button.

I wouldn't bother with anything ASUS / TrendMicro , your browsers give better protection.

it's not normal, a signature version need to be recent idealy.
And the protection is not about my devices going out, it's about incomming trafic to my hosted things. And additionnaly accross private network communication

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!