What's new

iptables module rateest - loadbalancing split over

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

michael249478

New Around Here
Hello

In an linux VM i succefully make and split over loadbalancing with the rateest iptables module.
I monitor the 2 interface bandwitch with a iptables rule (iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wanx -j RATEEST ... )
And balance the flow to the second wan, if the first Wan interface is at 90% load. with a iptables rule (-m rateest --rateest wan1 --rateest-gt --rateest-bps 1900Mbit -j wan2)

It's usefull when the 2 wan connexions doesn't have the same capacity (ex: first wan 2gb, and second 1gb ), like this when bandwitch is avaible the computers use the 2gb link and only when the first link is full, they switch to the second (I would like the don't have the 1gb limit speed, if they can use first the 2gb link ).
It would be also usefull with adsl and 4g link.

I succefully made this on on linux VM, but i would like to make this on asus merlin router, but the rateest iptable module seems to be missing.
Someone know how to add this ?

Best Regard

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!