What's new

IPV6 ONLY DDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bennie

New Around Here
I am using ASUSWRT Merlin on both my RT-AX68U (3004.388.4) and RT-AC1900 (386.12) routers.

I use Starlink as my ISP. Starlink provides me a public IPV6 and private IPV4. The DDNS feature provides an option to enable IPV6. The IPV6 works by adding records for both my IPV4 and IPV6 addresses. This causes issues as my IPV4 is private.

Is it possible to use Merlin as is to turn off the the DDNS IPV4? If not, this would be a useful feature to have.

Last edited:
I am using ASUSWRT Merlin on both my RT-AX68U (3004.388.4) and RT-AC1900 (386.12) routers.

I use Starlink as my ISP. Starlink provides me a public IPV6 and private IPV4. The DDNS feature provides an option to enable IPV6. The IPV6 works by adding records for both my IPV4 and IPV6 addresses. This causes issues as my IPV4 is private.

Is it possible to use Merlin as is to turn off the the DDNS IPV4? If not, this would be a useful feature to have.

Just remove your A record from your DDNS provider and see if the AAA still updates? May report an error but still work fine. Worth a try.