What's new

Is it Posible to add Ethernet Port Through USB on ASUS AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hexenhammer

Regular Contributor
I seen some videos of the OS, the dual wan settings, when you choose the second one slot it allows you to choose USB. Also I know you can add cellular modem trough USB too
Basically I wonder if anyone tried adding 2.5G USB Ethernet card to USB 3.0 port?
In reality you can get 5G trough USB, they more expensive thou.
If this works its amazing, its extra two 5G or 2.5G ports for a router.

No. Even assuming the kernel would have the necessary driver, you would still need to manually reconfigure the router to add that interface to the LAN bridge, among other things.

I seen some videos of the OS, the dual wan settings, when you choose the second one slot it allows you to choose USB. Also I know you can add cellular modem trough USB too
Basically I wonder if anyone tried adding 2.5G USB Ethernet card to USB 3.0 port?
In reality you can get 5G trough USB, they more expensive thou.
If this works its amazing, its extra two 5G or 2.5G ports for a router.

Just wanted to give my 2c as well.

I have an AiMesh system with a TUF AX5400 master,1x wired in switch, 2x ethernet connected rt-ac68u nodes, and i needed to connect 2x pc directly to the main router.
So i needed an extra port.

Heres what i did

Added a 1gb usb dongle

WAN->Enable usb mode:ON (resten af siden std)
DualWan->Enable Dual WAN:OFF
DualWan->Primary WAN:USB
Moved Wan ethernet cable to the dongle, and rebooted

So now i have 5 ethernet Lan ports, and usb wan, so its more than possible to have wan running on the usb at least in my case :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!