What's new

Is The /etc Directory Persistent?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HarryMuscle

Could someone clarify whether the /etc directory (and the files in there) are persistent between reboots? For example, if I create a second stubby.yml configuration file and store it in the /etc/stubby directory, will it persist after a reboot? I'm fully aware of the /jffs/configs directory that should be used for custom configuration files, but I'm specifically curious to know if the /etc directory is persistent between reboots.

Thanks,
Harry

Could someone clarify whether the /etc directory (and the files in there) are persistent between reboots? For example, if I create a second stubby.yml configuration file and store it in the /etc/stubby directory, will it persist after a reboot? I'm fully aware of the /jffs/configs directory that should be used for custom configuration files, but I'm specifically curious to know if the /etc directory is persistent between reboots.

Thanks,
Harry

Try it.

touch test.file

reboot

see if still there

/etc is a symlink to /tmp/etc FYI

Thanks,
Harry

Put the file on jffs and use a script to create a symlink on every restart.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!