What's new

It's time to buy RT-BE96U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZFK3BF8/?tag=snbforums-20

I can't find any review about it. I'm ready to buy GT-BE98 Pro for a fun. I don't expect anything. I'm pretty sure they never fix USB issue at all.
Can anybody try RT-BE96U first? 🤣

GT-BE98 Pro: Not yet.
GT-BE98: Not yet.
RT-BE96U: Release
Why would you spend $700 on a single router with technology you would never fully use? For the same money you could get three AX86U Pro routers and have one great mesh network! Guess some folks have more money than brains...

Why would you spend $700 on a single router with technology you would never fully use? For the same money you could get three AX86U Pro routers and have one great mesh network! Guess some folks have more money than brains...
I'm already using some AX86U Pro and AX86U. I don't think they are great. I don't feel any difference between AC86U and AX86U Pro at all. I'm just curious how it looks like for real. I don't expect anything at all as I said. Maybe my 10gb network will be little bit better with GT-BE98 Pro because of 2 10gb ports? It's just for a fun, no more no less.o_O
Intel's BE200NG, BE200D2W and more are coming soon. We can use them for limited purpose.

Last edited:
Can't beat the speed of 8 rockets:
81NUZD62hBL.jpg

🤣🤣

Well, they said the same thing when the 160Mhz tech appeared and really there is'nt any difference in performance between 80 mhz and 160mhz, now the same thing goes with 320mhz, and so on and on

there is'nt any difference in performance between 80 mhz and 160mhz
There is. My laptop can reach 1.8-2 Gbps of throughput using 160 MHz, while it`s closer to 1 Gbps with 80 MHz. It will depend on your environment, clients and channel utilization.

You won`t be reaching this speed with 80 MHz channels:

1693154498905.png

There is. My laptop can reach 1.8-2 Gbps of throughput using 160 MHz, while it`s closer to 1 Gbps with 80 MHz. It will depend on your environment, clients and channel utilization.

You won`t be reaching this speed with 80 MHz channels:

View attachment 52699
Thank you for elaborating this angle since I was only refreng to wirless signals only from router to clients like pc or laptop as both are equiperd with Intel's Ax210ngw and I havn't noticed a difference in speeds.

I will try shifting files between my clients tonight 👍

Last edited:
For some, it's like buying a new car. Who doesn't want to buy something new with new features. At the end, all the cars will take you to your destination. I wouldn't look at this as a money and brain problem.

I'm on the fence about this as my ax88u is over 3 years old now and my local bb has this one in stock. I really like the 98 pro better but only the asus store actually has it in stock.

I'm on the fence about this as my ax88u is over 3 years old now and my local bb has this one in stock. I really like the 98 pro better but only the asus store actually has it in stock.
I’ve got the BE96u and am quite pleased with it. Even though I don’t have any WiFi 7 devices, everything else flies online. We’ve got about 60 devices in 2700 square foot house and no issues. Definitely recommend.

I’ve got the BE96u and am quite pleased with it. Even though I don’t have any WiFi 7 devices, everything else flies online. We’ve got about 60 devices in 2700 square foot house and no issues. Definitely recommend.

Another recommendation for the RT-BE96U. Working great for me, best wireless coverage I've had, and has been very reliable on the latest firmware. Been up for about 4 weeks now since I last rebooted it. I do have a phone that has wifi-7, works well on 6GHz.

Check newegg. They tend to have it in stock more often than asus store.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!