What's new

Jffs Script Somethings Wrong

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zaper

Occasional Visitor
Hello, Some time ago i created a jffs script so i could access my modems stats, with the help of this forum it took me a long time as im a complete nub to this sort of thing. It all worked well, when firmware updates were available i would back up the jffs partition then restore and all was fine,,,now for the last few firmware updates after restoring the jffs i can no longer access my modem....i have no idea what to do please help!!!
im using a
Vigor 130 modem,
Asus RT-AC87U
Asuswrt-Merlin Firmware Build 380.69
Sky Fiber 40/10

I do similar and on the same firmware have no issue.

In my script I have a line;
logger Set routing to reach modem

This will print to the System Log if the script runs. I suggest you edit your jffs script to do similar and check if it is printed in the Web interface System Log on boot up.

Also, please show us the content of your jffs script(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do similar and on the same firmware have no issue.

In my script I have a line;
logger Set routing to reach modem

This will print to the System Log if the script runs. I suggest you edit your jffs script to do similar and check if it is printed in the Web interface System Log on boot up.

Also, please show us the content of your jffs script(s)

Thanks JDB but to be honest i stumbled my way through the script to start with, i don't have a clue how to show the contents of the script ,all i have when i backup is a file on my desktop named backup_jffs.tar,could you please advise me

Check the easy thing first....if you did a factory reset when loading firmware, it will turn off script execution. Check that Enable scripts is set on the Administration>System page.

Check the easy thing first....if you did a factory reset when loading firmware, it will turn off script execution. Check that Enable scripts is set on the Administration>System page.

Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs is on john9527

I’m assuming you can SSH/Telnet to the router

What is your backup/restore procedure. Please share the commands.

Also give the following commands and share the outputs;
ls -al /jffs/scripts

cat /jffs/scripts/*

I found a simple way to access the Vigor 130 web interface by adding a sub-interface to the eth0 on the same subnet as the management ip of the modem.
This allowed me to go directly to the vigor's web interface.

On my Merlin Asus RT-AC3200 router I used the following command : ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

This allowed me to go directly to the modem's web interface on 192.168.2.1 from my browser.

I have the following wan-start script

#!/bin/sh
ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

This allows access to my vigor 130 modem

I have the following wan-start script

#!/bin/sh
ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

This allows access to my vigor 130 modem

I’m fairly sure the OP already has similar but it’s stopped working