What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on Beta testing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello,

An update on how 5.4b26 is running on my R9000. Its been up for 8 days and running well. No issues other than the ones I mentioned in my previous posts on 5.4b26. Everything appears to be working well and nothing out of the ordinary that I see in the logs.

I have been running OpenVPN, AdGuard, Transmission and have Aegis on the router too. I did shut down Plex- not because of any problems but because I don't need the extra server right now.

Best wishes,
BL

Thank you for your report.
I suppose you have followed @Voxel instructions and I hope that you can confirm here that it is working?!

Within in this beta program, you are supposed to help find not only errors, but also help, pinpoint, investigate, give solutions etc.
That's what I'm doing. The only one that can fix it is you. What can I do about it, truly??
Since I don't have any record of you being invited to the beta testing, may I ask you how you got hold of the v5.4 b26?
Kamoj, my dude. You were the one that gave me access. I asked you months ago, and you allowed it. Check your PMs?
PS: Warlord1981 said: Thank you Kamoj! Formating USB partition to ext4 and naming it "optware" solved the issue.
No, this is not the solution. At least, according to you. Your FAQ says that the drive can be of any format, so long as it's the only drive plugged into the router at boot up. That it automatically formats the drive to EXT4, labels it and provides the requisite files. All in your FAQ. You said it was fixed in your changelog in a later version, and it isn't. What you're asking are steps beyond your own set of instructions. That I'm supposed to download a program that can format to ext4 on a Windows machine and do the legwork the script was supposed to handle but isn't.

I like your software and the way we've been communicating, but if you're going to come at me, come at me informed.

Last edited:
That's what I'm doing. The only one that can fix it is you. What can I do about it, truly??

Kamoj, my dude. You were the one that gave me access. I asked you months ago, and you allowed it. Check your PMs?

No, this is not the solution. At least, according to you. Your FAQ says that the drive can be of any format, so long as it's the only drive plugged into the router at boot up. That it automatically formats the drive to EXT4, labels it and provides the requisite files. All in your FAQ. You said it was fixed in your changelog in a later version, and it isn't. What you're asking are steps beyond your own set of instructions. That I'm supposed to download a program that can format to ext4 on a Windows machine and do the legwork the script was supposed to handle but isn't.

I like your software and the way we've been communicating, but if you're going to come at me, come at me informed.

Don't sweat it man. Kamoj seems to want to pick fights with the people who actually do say thanks, help out when they can and donate, while Voxel is in the other thread asking people to say thanks (which I always do when I download the latest version, thanks man). I'm not allowed beta access to the add on anymore, because I never found any issues to report. Utterly bizarre reasoning. Not sure what I did wrong, but I got a telling off for it anyway. Downgrade my Voxel FW if I still want to use his add-on was the advice given. I'm fine thanks, I'd rather have an up to date Voxel.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!