What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on Beta testing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

not sure how usefull that ps.txt is...
My R7800 also mentions "GiB Mem : 69.5/0.5"
but for me the memory according to kamojs addon is less:
RAM Memory Usage (Used/Total) 78.6 % 371 / 472 MB

Just a thought: check who much data you have in /tmp (excluding /tmp/mnt)
this is ramfs -> so if you have a log of logging enabled, then perhaps this is filling up your space?

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.4b26
--------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
This release will be the last beta version with new functionality.
When I consider this or a later beta to be stable, the addon will
be released to the public.
So please test it hard, and report your thoughts/issues/questions!
NEW:
- Added command: nss_status. (Run: nss_status help, from command line) @sppmaster
- Settings 2: Added.
- Settings 2: Added: Create Firewall entries. (@blueliner)
Backup is stored/restored using USB if inserted: firewall-start-firewall.sh,
else at router /.
- Settings 2: Added: Create Start Script. (@blueliner)
Backup is stored/restored using USB if inserted: startscript.sh,
else at router /.
- System Information: Added: Addon processes. (Shows running Kamoj daemons)
- System Information: Added: Aegis release info
- System Information: Added: Kamoj release info (@blueliner)
- System Information: Added: Kamoj FAQ.txt
FIXED:
- System Information: Voxel release info:
Fixed "Content-type: text/html" (@blueliner)
- Fixed IPv6 bug in net-wall
CHANGED:
- System Information: Voxel release info & Netgear release info:
Use kamoj_restart_long_ping_timeout instead of hard coded timeout value. (@blueliner)
- Settings: Added pop-up warning: "Force only https connections to router interface"
- Settings: Added pop-up warning: "Reboot router if Internet is down"
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNSCrypt 2: Extended Log Level changed (more verbose)
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Stubby: Extended Log Level changed (more verbose)
- Minor editorials/fixes
- FAQ.txt updated

Hi Kamoj

Just updated R9000 (primary router) and R7800 (in AP mode) both running latest Voxel firmware and Aegis.

Smooth update (as usual) with no issues.

Thanks for all your efforts.

PS - I am happy to continue beta testing going forward

Hi Kamoj,
may I join to beta program? where can I download last version?
Thanks in advance
Stefano

Hello,

I installed 5.4b26. All went well with the exception of the Add-on's download of AdGuardHome_linux_armv7 timing out. Looks like this was due to my slower than normal internet connection. I ended up downloading on another device (after 2 stalled attempts) and then transferring it to the router. AdGuard itself started OK and installed the backup config file without a problem. Adjusting the ping timeout values took care of the connection supervisor connection error messages I had as well. Very handy for a slow connection like mine.

I can confirm the fix for

All the other selections in "System Information" worked for me too. I have not had a chance to test out the firewall and startup script inputs but will do so. Thank you.

I am very excited about the current status of the Add-on. As I am sure most everyone here knows by now, my internet service is terrible. But the router's internet connectivity and uptime on 5.4b25 was flawless and that is saying a lot! It looks like 5.4b26 makes some nice improvements on top of that.

Best wishes,
BL

Hello again,

I did forget to mention one thing in my previous post about 5.4b26.

I specify the DNS servers to use in AdGuard Home using DNS server stamps. I recently started putting an identifying comment ( e.g. "# Scaleway....", etc.) on the line above each server stamp.

Dns stamps.png

The Router Information page appears to count each line in the AdGuard Home server list as a server - including the comment lines. For example, I currently have 7 active servers in AdGuard Home and 9 comment lines. The Add-on shows 16 servers:

Router Info for AdGuardHome.png

Can the Add-on be changed to have it's count of DNS servers exclude lines that start with valid comment characters, so the server count will be more accurate?

Thanks,
BL

Thanks for adding this
NEW:
- Added command: nss_status. (Run: nss_status help, from command line)
Code:
root@R7800:~$ nss_status
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 600 MHz ON
NSS 600 MHz ON
NSS 600 MHz ON
NSS 600 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON

Thanks for adding this
NEW:
- Added command: nss_status. (Run: nss_status help, from command line)
Code:
root@R7800:~$ nss_status
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 600 MHz ON
NSS 600 MHz ON
NSS 600 MHz ON
NSS 600 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
NSS 800 MHz ON
If you are only interested in changes, run:
Code:
nss_status timestamp changes_only

Hello again,

I did forget to mention one thing in my previous post about 5.4b26.

I specify the DNS servers to use in AdGuard Home using DNS server stamps. I recently started putting an identifying comment ( e.g. "# Scaleway....", etc.) on the line above each server stamp.

View attachment 33020

The Router Information page appears to count each line in the AdGuard Home server list as a server - including the comment lines. For example, I currently have 7 active servers in AdGuard Home and 9 comment lines. The Add-on shows 16 servers:

View attachment 33019

Can the Add-on be changed to have it's count of DNS servers exclude lines that start with valid comment characters, so the server count will be more accurate?

Thanks,
BL
Ok, thanks for the feedback. Fixed for next release. Until then you can patch it yourself and try:
Code:
cat << "EOF" >/tmp/x.tmp
    dns_servers="DNS Servers: $(sed -ne '/upstream_dns/,/upstream_dns_file/p' /opt/kamoj/addons/defaults/AdGuardHome.yaml|sed -e '/^[[:space:]]*$/d' -e '/^[[:space:]]*#/d'|awk '!seen[$0]++'|wc -l|awk '{print ($1-2)}')"
EOF
sed -e '/[[:space:]].*DNS Servers/ {' -e 'r /tmp/x.tmp' -e 'd' -e '}' -i /usr/bin/addon_info_update.sh

Hello,

I installed 5.4b26. All went well with the exception of the Add-on's download of AdGuardHome_linux_armv7 timing out. Looks like this was due to my slower than normal internet connection. I ended up downloading on another device (after 2 stalled attempts) and then transferring it to the router. AdGuard itself started OK and installed the backup config file without a problem. Adjusting the ping timeout values took care of the connection supervisor connection error messages I had as well. Very handy for a slow connection like mine.

I can confirm the fix for

All the other selections in "System Information" worked for me too. I have not had a chance to test out the firewall and startup script inputs but will do so. Thank you.

I am very excited about the current status of the Add-on. As I am sure most everyone here knows by now, my internet service is terrible. But the router's internet connectivity and uptime on 5.4b25 was flawless and that is saying a lot! It looks like 5.4b26 makes some nice improvements on top of that.

Best wishes,
BL
The timeout is 40 seconds...
If you need longer time, try to patch it. To change from 40 to 99 seconds:
Code:
 sed -ie 's/40/99/g' /usr/bin/adguard_home.sh

If you are only interested in changes, run:
Code:
nss_status timestamp changes_only
@kamoj, the "nss_status timestamp changes_only" command does not appear to be detecting changes (flip flops) between 600 MHz and 800 MHz NSS speeds. Would it be possible to have speed change detection added to on/off status change detection? Thanks.

@kamoj, the "nss_status timestamp changes_only" command does not appear to be detecting changes (flip flops) between 600 MHz and 800 MHz NSS speeds. Would it be possible to have speed change detection added to on/off status change detection? Thanks.
It do detect these, but the scanning frequency is every 3rd second.
You can e.g. run it with extreme frequency:
Code:
nss_status 100000 0 timestamp changes_only

On/Off detection is already there, and will report 0 MHz when OFF.

Please run "nss_status help" for more info!

It do detect these, but the scanning frequency is every 3rd second.
You can e.g. run it with extreme frequency:
Code:
nss_status 100000 0 timestamp changes_only

On/Off detection is already there, and will report 0 MHz when OFF.

Please run "nss_status help" for more info!
The help option does provide very detailed and helpful usage information, thank you.

Previously, when I ran the "nss_status timestamp changes_only" command and got the following one line output with no changes after that

Code:
root@R7800:~$ nss_status timestamp changes_only
2021-04-10 17:34:16 NSS 600 MHz ON

It was perplexing because is the first time that I saw a speed of 600 MHz. I had always seen 800 MHz on the Router Information page. It would seem quite a coincidence that every 3 seconds the speed drops to 600 MHz. That is what led me to think that the speed change is not being detected.

I have not been able reproduce it, though will keep trying from time to time. The output I get now is included below (doing 1000 iterations as fast as possible, taking about 41 seconds to complete):

Code:
root@R7800:~$ date; nss_status 1000 0 timestamp changes_only; date
Sat Apr 10 23:18:22 GMT 2021
2021-04-10 23:18:22 NSS 800 MHz ON
Sat Apr 10 23:19:03 GMT 2021

I have been able to reproduce this single-line output, which incorrectly indicates that the speed remains at 600 Mhz:

Code:
root@R7800:~$ nss_status timestamp changes_only
2021-04-10 23:34:37 NSS 600 MHz ON

The speed is actually at 800 MHz for the majority of the time, instead of 600 MHz:

Code:
root@R7800:~$ date; cat /proc/sys/dev/nss/clock/current_freq; dmesg | awk '/Frequency Set to/ {print $NF/1000000""}' | tail -n1
Sat Apr 10 23:43:27 GMT 2021

Last edited:
Hi
I love your addon I use it for ExpressVPN and adguard. I have used the r7800 as my primary router until now. I bought a Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro router. But the issue is that there are now VPN client in the router. And I would like to have ExpressVPN on all my devices. So is there a good way to use both the Ubiquity and the R7800??So that they don’t collided with double mat etc.
Best Regards Hannez

not sure how usefull that ps.txt is...
My R7800 also mentions "GiB Mem : 69.5/0.5"
but for me the memory according to kamojs addon is less:
RAM Memory Usage (Used/Total) 78.6 % 371 / 472 MB

Just a thought: check who much data you have in /tmp (excluding /tmp/mnt)
this is ramfs -> so if you have a log of logging enabled, then perhaps this is filling up your space?
Hello Gerrits, tnx for your reply. after few days of investigation i have disabled 11k in Voxel debug session and it seems is sticking now around 70%. i'll keep monitoring for a while.

Last edited:
Thanks @kamoj for keeping up the good work! Just sat down and upgraded router firmware+addon.
Interestingly however, I'm unable to reset USB mounting points no matter what I do! I tried to switch up the firmwares and run:
Code:
nvram default && nvram commit && mtd erase netgear && reboot

Followed by:
Code:
nvram show | awk -F= '/green_download_path/ {print $1}' | xargs -n1 nvram unset
nvram show | awk -F= '/^shared_usb_folder/ {print $1}' | xargs -n1 nvram unset
nvram show | awk -F= '/usbDeviceName/ {print $1}' | xargs -n1 nvram unset
nvram show | awk -F= '/^node[0-9]*/ {print $1}' | xargs -n1 nvram unset
nvram commit
reboot

yet the mounting points still remain the same: sda5 and sdb5 (I run two flash drives)
This interferes with setting up entware.

Also, Mr. Gerrits tried to assist with share renaming here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r7800-readyshare-settings-change.71438/
But I'm still unable to adjust share names through GUI. They basically remain the same, the only way to do it successfully is by running
Code:
nvram set shared_usb_folder
from shell.

Anyway, is there a way I could reset mounting points so since nvram approach doesn't help me much.
Screenshot_69.png

Ok, thanks for the feedback. Fixed for next release. Until then you can patch it yourself and try:
Code:
cat << "EOF" >/tmp/x.tmp
    dns_servers="DNS Servers: $(sed -ne '/upstream_dns/,/upstream_dns_file/p' /opt/kamoj/addons/defaults/AdGuardHome.yaml|sed -e '/^[[:space:]]*$/d' -e '/^[[:space:]]*#/d'|awk '!seen[$0]++'|wc -l|awk '{print ($1-2)}')"
EOF
sed -e '/[[:space:]].*DNS Servers/ {' -e 'r /tmp/x.tmp' -e 'd' -e '}' -i /usr/bin/addon_info_update.sh
Hello,

I made the suggested changes but it does not appear to have made a difference. It looks like the changes wrote to the Addon but I haven't had time to look into it further. For now, I assume that I made an error along the way. I will post an update after I have had a chance top verify things.

Thank you,
BL

The timeout is 40 seconds...
If you need longer time, try to patch it. To change from 40 to 99 seconds:
Code:
 sed -ie 's/40/99/g' /usr/bin/adguard_home.sh
Hello,

I think my internet connection was just terribly slow during the stormy weather we had when I installed 5.4b26. Normally the AGH files have been downloading OK. However, I did go ahead and make this change so it doesn't happen again.Thanks!

BL

Thanks @kamoj for keeping up the good work! Just sat down and upgraded router firmware+addon.
Interestingly however, I'm unable to reset USB mounting points no matter what I do! I tried to switch up the firmwares and run:
Code:
nvram default && nvram commit && mtd erase netgear && reboot

Followed by:
Code:
nvram show | awk -F= '/green_download_path/ {print $1}' | xargs -n1 nvram unset
nvram show | awk -F= '/^shared_usb_folder/ {print $1}' | xargs -n1 nvram unset
nvram show | awk -F= '/usbDeviceName/ {print $1}' | xargs -n1 nvram unset
nvram show | awk -F= '/^node[0-9]*/ {print $1}' | xargs -n1 nvram unset
nvram commit
reboot

yet the mounting points still remain the same: sda5 and sdb5 (I run two flash drives)
This interferes with setting up entware.

Also, Mr. Gerrits tried to assist with share renaming here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r7800-readyshare-settings-change.71438/
But I'm still unable to adjust share names through GUI. They basically remain the same, the only way to do it successfully is by running
Code:
nvram set shared_usb_folder
from shell.

Anyway, is there a way I could reset mounting points so since nvram approach doesn't help me much.
View attachment 33106
What is the output (usb partitions found etc) if you run: ssh_keys_install.sh
And what is the output from the Kamoj add-on: USB info, and Router Information?

If @R. Gerrits has helped already you must be enlightened already, he is a really "oracle"!
Else your studies of hotplug2.mount must have shown it's a messy/erratic code.
I know @Voxel himself has written sometime about the mess with mounting devices, especially in the R9000.
(It would be good if you mention what Router and what type of memory stick/USB device you are using!)

Last edited:
I'm rocking a R7800 with FW:V1.0.2.83.2SF (Voxel). Kamoj Add-on:5.4b26.

Code:
Found the following usable USB devices:
sda5 mounted as /tmp/mnt/sda5 (ext4). Label:optware. Model:SanDisk-Ultra Fit. Size:30.8GB
sdb5 mounted as /tmp/mnt/sdb5 (ext4). Label:storage. Model:SanDisk-Ultra Fit. Size:30.8GB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creating and installing SSH keys in router and writing tar-backup to USB at:/tmp  /mnt/sda5

Screenshot_70.png

For the sake of keeping this short I'll provide info from USB1 only.

Code:
CONNECTED_USB_DEVICES='sda sdb'
USB_BUS='2'
USB_CAT='3.20'
USB_DEV='sda'
USB_DEVID='/dev/sda5'
USB_FILESYS='ext4'
USB_FREEMEM='26.792 GB'
USB_IVL='0ms'
USB_LABEL='optware'
USB_MANUF='SanDisk'
USB_MODEL='Ultra Fit'
USB_MOUNTID='sda5'
USB_MOUNTING='/tmp/mnt/sda5'
USB_PARTITION_NO='1'
USB_PORT='USB1'
USB_PROD='Ultra Fit'
USB_PWR='224mA'
USB_SERIAL='0501a204158f77fb3dbb4559a229ef97e6a52764ee1092f344b1ce8dee1ba4078c780000000000000000000088019cc2ff96'
USB_SPEED='5000 Mbps'
USB_TOTMEM='28.289'
USB_TOTMEM_B='29662852.000'
USB_USEDMEM='0.064'
USB_USEDMEM_B='66964.000'
USB_USEDPCT='0%'
USB_UUID='780542cb-9f46-9bb2-5525-3c522cb9740e'
USB_VENDOR='SanDisk'
USB_VOLUME='optware'

The ISSUE is with resetting MOUNT points. Entware script seems to be bound to sda1 and fails for some reason if I run it with one USB flash drive attached (mounted as sda5). Since I have NO slightest clues on how to reset sda5 -> sda1, I'm stuck.

@R.Gerrits really did help me A LOT with information and shell code for manually renaming share names (which cannot be done from GUI), I'm still thankful for that. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!