What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on Beta testing II

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,

Since I had some problem with voxel V1.0.2.87SF and Kamoj Add-on 5.4b35 on a R7800, I choose to install a fresh installation on v1.0.2.88SF with refresh settings.
And I made the setting, step by step.

At the moment, I do not have any problem with 1.0.2.88SF and Kamoj Add-on but I saw that since I added the add-on, I've got thoses messages on dmesg:
Switching to Tx Mode-1 Threshold 1000
Switching to Tx Mode-1 Threshold 0

Not sure really what it is about, but I suppose it is about the antennas ? Any hint on that ?

The problem I had is that some devices randomly were able to log to the router but not to go to the internet. (The access control is on and the devices where allowed to access the network)

Otherwise it is very well working, I really appreciate the Adguard Home !

Regards,

JC

I'm not currently in the beta, so have a dumb question: Does the add on have any dynamic DNS features?

Hi,

Since I had some problem with voxel V1.0.2.87SF and Kamoj Add-on 5.4b35 on a R7800, I choose to install a fresh installation on v1.0.2.88SF with refresh settings.
And I made the setting, step by step.

At the moment, I do not have any problem with 1.0.2.88SF and Kamoj Add-on but I saw that since I added the add-on, I've got thoses messages on dmesg:

Not sure really what it is about, but I suppose it is about the antennas ? Any hint on that ?

The problem I had is that some devices randomly were able to log to the router but not to go to the internet. (The access control is on and the devices where allowed to access the network)

Otherwise it is very well working, I really appreciate the Adguard Home !

Regards,

JC
Hello,

I don't know the answer to this. There recall a post or two in the forum about similar messages when people were having trouble with wireless dropping out or router reboots. I think that was fixed with updated firmware after doing an overwrite/erase of the old firmware. Perhaps you can find more in the SNB forum? If these are just coming up during reboot and wireless is working OK, maybe all is well?

BL

I'm not currently in the beta, so have a dumb question: Does the add on have any dynamic DNS features?
Hello,

Not a direct feature for DDNS update that I am aware of. However, it was suggested here to try a cron job in the KamoJ Settings menu to update DDNS. I did that using "curl" and the "http" update string provided by my DDNS provider. Very easy and it has worked flawlessly....

Best wishes,
BL

Hello All, i'm affected by a recurrent issue. as soon Adguard got updated to latest beta version, after sometime i loose Ethernet connections. wifi still working. i have to reboot the router to get things back working. anyone having similar issues? tnx

Hello All, i'm affected by a recurrent issue. as soon Adguard got updated to latest beta version, after sometime i loose Ethernet connections. wifi still working. i have to reboot the router to get things back working. anyone having similar issues? tnx
do you really lose connection (i.e. you can no longer ping the router or something like 1.1.1.1) or does the DNS stop working?

do you really lose connection (i.e. you can no longer ping the router or something like 1.1.1.1) or does the DNS stop working?
yes, i lose ETH ports so unable to ping anything. this is happening after an idle period it seems. really strange. my router ip is 10.10.1.1. i have moved DNSCrypt Proxy v2 to make some test for now. it seems much stable

Is it possible to have Transmission set a default download location as a network drive (NAS)?
I've tried so far, and I'm currently only able to get it to download to an attached USB.

I currently have a really old NAS which has transmission built it, so I have been able to download directly to the NAS, but I'm upgrading and replacing my NAS and I wanted to use Transmission on the router instead if it's possible?

just a thought:
If you could ssh into the router and mount that network location onto a local folder, then probably Transmission could download there.
But firmware itself doesn't have support to mount cifs of nfs shares.

I checked entware -> that one does have nfs-utils (should allow nfs mount). but it doesn't have cifs-utils or smbmount (only smbclient).

And the risk of using an nfs-mounted target -> what if that nfs-mount somehow gets disconnected? Do you then run the risk that it starts filling up a local folder (that previously had the nfs-mount) ??

Hello Guys, an update about my previous post. DNS scripts, adguard ecc.. seems not the problem here. i just lose ETH ports after few days but wifi keep active. even after a reboot i still have same issue.

Internet Port
MAC Address2C:30:33:9C:B1:96
IP Address0.0.0.0
ConnectionStatic IP
IP Subnet Mask0.0.0.0
Domain Name Server 0.0.0.0

i had to re-apply wan setting and ETH ports are back

log attached.

Thank You

Attachments

• r7800.txt
    50.6 KB · Views: 107
On a separate note - I've found AdGuard to be too harsh lately.
It's even blocking my laptop device driver updates - such as Nvidia drivers. Either through their auto update or direct download.

It does it with other things too, just genuine downloads.
I couldn't bother with the hassle of freeing things up in the filters, so I've switched to DNSCrypt Proxy 2 in the Kamoj add-on, with just 'AdAway' and 'MyBase' ticked in the options further down the page.

It works perfectly and blocks 98% of ads in tests, and doesn't affect any of my genuine download attempts.

@danlat1415 you can filter the routes which are blocking something and whitelist them. Also you can provide Adguard a feedback. I sent them a feedback once, they opened a Github ticket for it and it got fixed. I have not noticed the problems you describe with standard downloads, but I use Mac.

I also had problems with Adguard...cannot connect to the adguard webpage and lost internet connections....nothing in the adguard log....now switching to dnscrypt hope this helpes
is WIFI working for you or have you lost everything?

I lost total connection and cannot use the internet anymore and the gui of de adguard dashboard is not reachable anymore...the kamoj/voxel works well...after reboot it works fine but keeps unstable

I lost total connection and cannot use the internet anymore and the gui of de adguard dashboard is not reachable anymore...the kamoj/voxel works well...after reboot it works fine but keeps unstable
please try to use DNSCrypt Proxy 2 for few days and report back. tnx

regarding the AdGuard issues, I also had some.
I'm still running b34 of Kamoj (so not the latest) and use a beta version of AdGuard Home (v0.107.0-b.13).
So some might already be solved in newer add-on version, but I didn't have time to install that yet.

At some point I noticed that DNS lookups no longer worked.
Looking at Kamoj Router Information, I saw this:
1635271372899.png

Issue 1: I wonder, why isn't it restarted when I have this configured:
1635271427292.png

looking at supervision log:
1635271605138.png

My guess: when curl tries to fetch cloudfare.com, it doesn't do this via AdGuard Home, but via the dns-servers in resolv.conf or dnsmasq.
But still, if Router Information has detected that AdGuard is stopped, then the Supervision should have noticed the same.

Issue 2: a potential cause for AdGuard Home stopping:

I saw this in AdGuard Home logging:
1635271766953.png

after checking the contents of /tmp, I found 2 directories with big files:

/tmp/addons/adguard_home/data had 2 big querylog.json files (90 MB)
I deleted the biggest file (querylog.json.1)
And I hopefully solved this by setting Query Log retention to 6 hours in AdGuard Home. (was 24 hours)
(otherwise I might have to disable query logging completely.)

/tmp/log had 2 big kamoj_addons.log files (19 MB)
I deleted the kamoj_addons.log.bak

(does this .bak file automatically get created when the log gets bigger than 10 MB ??)

Last edited:
regarding the AdGuard issues, I also had some.
I'm still running b34 of Kamoj (so not the latest) and use a beta version of AdGuard Home (v0.107.0-b.13).
So some might already be solved in newer add-on version, but I didn't have time to install that yet.
My guess: when curl tries to fetch cloudfare.com, it doesn't do this via AdGuard Home, but via the dns-servers in resolv.conf or dnsmasq.
But still, if Router Information has detected that AdGuard is stopped, then the Supervision should have noticed the same.
/tmp/log had 2 big kamoj_addons.log files (19 MB)
I deleted the kamoj_addons.log.bak

(does this .bak file automatically get created when the log gets bigger than 10 MB ??)
Thank you for your replies and extended answer!

In next version (5.5 ) many issues are corrected, the supervision is re-worked, and the logging much extended (with eg iptables, cpu load etc).

And yes, the log is split into 2 when >10 MB, so maximum will be 20 MB.

If you are happy with b34, stay with it until 5.5 is up!
PS
The preliminary changes in 5.5, as per today:

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 2021-mm-dd 5.5x
---------------------------------------------------------------
- Router Information: Fixed date of "New Voxel Release" (Was always today...)
- Router Information: Added "QoS Information" for R9000 (@danlat1415)
- Router Information: MTD Flash Usage: Check flash chip at every boot. (@sppmaster)
- Router Information: Added: "5G Speed". Also Max speed (Since boot)
- Router Information: Added: "2G Speed". Also Max speed (Since boot)
- Router Information: Added: "OpenVPN Client Speed". Added Max speed (Since boot) and Max speed Ever.
- Router Information: OpenVPN Client Status: Improved "down" detection.
- Router Information: Added: "Wireguard Client Speed". Added Max speed (Since boot) and Max speed Ever.
- Router Information: Wireguard Client Status: Improved "down" detection.
- Router Information: Added: "Iptables Information"
- Router Information: NTP synchronized: Reworked with more information at failure.
- Router Information: DNS status: Changed to test all servers (nvram get kamoj_ping_www).
- Router Information: Internet connection status: Changed to test all servers (nvram get kamoj_ping_ip).
- Router Information: Added: "WAN Speed". Added Max speed (Since boot) and Max speed Ever.
- System Information: Added: upnp info
- System Information: Voxel release info: Added date for releases.
- System Information: flash info: Added: Help button + More info: (URL collection) (@sppmaster)
- OpenVPN Client: VPN tunnel Status: Improved "down" detection.
- OpenVPN Client: Added "Restart at DNS failure".
- Wireguard Client: VPN tunnel Status: Improved "down" detection. (@jberry, @primitivo, @blueliner)
- Wireguard Client: Added "Restart at DNS failure".
- Settings: Rewritten "Show idle devices in device lists" to lower cpu usage
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Updated AdGuard Home to v0.106.3
- VPN Bypassing: Corrected bug that made IP's ending with only 1-2 digit(s) in the last octet to refuse being moved.
- VPN Bypassing: Corrected bug that made some IP's appear more than once.
- Shorter Add-on start up time.
- kamoj_fast_openvpn_supervision: removed
- addon_fast_supervision.sh: Added.
nvram variable name: kamoj_fast_openvpn_supervision changed to: kamoj_fast_restart_supervision
This new supervision is performed in a more efficient way to faster detect errors.
When a restart/reboot is needed, it will be logged as e.g:
[FAST_SUPERVISION] 2021-09-19 16:24:09 4772.27 addon_fast_supervision.sh 6514: RESTART: openvpn 6 Cpu load: 4.1 %. Processes: 80. Threads: 180. iptables: ipv4 rules: 154. ipv6 rules: 15. System Load Average: 1.23 1.17 0.98. brwan: Rx: 7.671 KB/s, Tx: 6.342 KB/s. tun21: Rx: 4.370 KB/s, Tx: 2.537 KB/s.
If highs cpu load is detected, the log will also include the
the top cpu hogs, kernel stack backtrace, and the end of the message-log.
If this function is used (nvram set kamoj_fast_restart_supervision=1),
the normal restart_supervision will only be used for ipv6 and WiFi.
addon_fast_supervision supervises (and restarts if so enabled):
DNS:
dnsmasq
dnscrypt2
stubby
adguard
VPN:
openvpn_client
wireguard_client
CONNECTION:
internet connection
dhcp gateway connection
- Added new nvram parameters for controlling (timeout) of downloading files:
kamoj_download_connect_timeout
kamoj_download_max_time
- System Information: Ookla Speed Test, test next server if first gives bad result! (@LSM)
- ping_guard.sh: Changed to test all servers (nvram get kamoj_ping_ip) in parallel.
To use ping_guard.sh : nvram set kamoj_ping_guard=1;nvram commit; reboot
Log to: /var/log/ping_guard.log
WARNING: Not tested with R9000.
WARNING: Use addon_fast_supervision, unless you need the extensive logging.
- addon_bwusage and addon_bypassvpn:
Corrected atomic lock function
- timeout command changed to not output result as a string
- removed/replaced nvram parameters:
nvram get kamoj_download_timeout
nvram get kamoj_restart_long_ping_timeout (replaced by kamoj_restart_ping_timeout at reboot)
- Changed to a single md5 file for all ipks etc
- FAQ.txt updated.

Dnscrypt is up and running..no problems sofar...looking great...I made changes the dnscrypt*.toml file to do query log...
Kamoj, Can this be an option in your addon...its handy to see what is blocked and what is not ?

I created a whitelist and unblocked the doamins i want, but can not find the whitelist.txt...how do i get that file, so i can backup it on my usb in case i need to start over...?

Dnscrypt is up and running..no problems sofar...looking great...I made changes the dnscrypt*.toml file to do query log...
Kamoj, Can this be an option in your addon...its handy to see what is blocked and what is not ?

I created a whitelist and unblocked the doamins i want, but can not find the whitelist.txt...how do i get that file, so i can backup it on my usb in case i need to start over...?
Good Suggestion!
/etc/whitelist.txt

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!