What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on Beta testing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you for the report!

Can you install b17, and run this patch from router command prompt, please:
Code:
sed -i 's/return/exit/g' /usr/bin/addon_led_handling.sh
See if that makes any difference, and report back.

I've had 5.4b17 installed for a few hours today and I was having issues where the internet would keep disconnecting for a few seconds every so often (half hour or so).

I installed 17 and put 16 back on and everything works perfectly again.

The same happened over the weekend. Same issue with beta 17, and reverted back to 16.
Installed 17 again today and the same issues occurred.

Sorry I wasn't able to get any logs because I am working from home so had to get it fixed ASAP, so wasn't able to do any testing.

The set was;
- R7800
- Voxel 82SF
- Kamoj add 16, uninstalled then 17 installed.

Adguard home add-on the only thing setup at the time the issues were occurring, no other setting changed for stock default.

Internet drop out issues (not full router/WiFi/lan dropout, just internet connection).
Across ALL devices regardless of WiFi or LAN.

No issue with Internet connection when used direct, only via the router.

Uninstalled 17 using;
/bin/opkg remove -V1 --force-remove kamoj-addon

Reinstalled 16 and all running fine.

Sorry that's all I've got at the moment.

Last edited:
Using kamoj-addon 5.4b17 and I had similar issues with my internet, simply disconnecting.
I checked the logs and I found the following:

"Out of memory: Kill process 30390 (AdGuardHome) score 225 or sacrifice child
Killed process 30390 (AdGuardHome) total-vm:813024kB, anon-rss:110424kB, file-rss:12696kB"

and

"2021-01-26 19:22:48 [Warning] skb_warn_bad_offload!!!
2021-01-26 19:22:49 msm_nand_read_oob 0 800 0 failed -74, corrected 0
2021-01-26 19:22:50 msm_nand_read_oob c80000 800 0 failed -74, corrected 0
2021-01-26 19:22:51 Frequency Set to 800000000"

My linux knowledge is weak so if you need something specific log please let me know.
You should check your flash memory. Please post the result of the flash test:
Advanced: Kamoj Menu: System Information: flash info

Thanks.
I'll test this when I finish work tonight.

I'll install 17 and wait for it to have the internet dropouts so I can get you some logs/info.

Then I'll run the patch you gave to see if it makes a difference.
What logs/information would be best to get you?

Sounds like @B-dog66 has the issue, so maybe he should try too and report back.

Last edited:
@kamoj as you requested:

Flash memory chip type: SkyHigh/Cypress/AMD/Spansion S34MS01G2.
Serial Flash Embedded Memory: Micron M25P80 (?)

FLASH TYPE NAND:
mtd0 : qcadata _ _nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: 13107200 bytes
mtd1 : APPSBL _ _ nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: _5242880 bytes
mtd2 : APPSBLENV _nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: _ 524288 bytes
mtd3 : ART _ _ _ _nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: _1310720 bytes
mtd4 : ART.bak _ _nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: _1310720 bytes
mtd5 : kernel _ _ nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: _2228224 bytes
mtd6 : rootfs _ _ nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: 31326208 bytes
mtd7 : netgear _ _nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: 71827456 bytes
mtd8 : firmware _ nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: 33554432 bytes
mtd9 : crashdump _nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: _ 524288 bytes
mtd10: language _ nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: _3670016 bytes
mtd11: config _ _ nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: _1179648 bytes
mtd12: pot _ _ _ _nand _ worn bad:0 _factory bad:0 _bad allowed:t writable:t ecc errors:0 _ _ _size: _1179648 bytes

FLASH TYPE NOR:
mtd13: m25p80 _ _ nor _ _bad allowed:f writable:t size: _ _65536 bytes

FLASH TYPE UBI:
Device: ubi0 _ _ _, type:ubi, bad blocks:0, Allowed bad blocks:5, Max/mean erase counters:236/62, size:4190208 bytes
mtd14: cert _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ubi _Volume:0 State:OK _ size: _ 126976 bytes
mtd15: pot.bak _ _ _ _ _ _ _ubi _Volume:1 State:OK _ size: _ 380928 bytes
mtd16: traffic_meter _ _ _ _ubi _Volume:2 State:OK _ size: _1777664 bytes
mtd17: traffic_meter.bak _ _ubi _Volume:3 State:OK _ size: _1777664 bytes
mtd18: dongle _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ubi _Volume:4 State:OK _ size: _1777664 bytes
mtd19: overlay_volume _ _ _ ubi _Volume:5 State:OK _ size: 58408960 bytes

and happened again, I disbled the Adguard and everything is back to normal.
I attached the log. It's to big to can just copy-paste here.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 97
Thank you!
The dmesg and ps logs could be nice - and of course what I already asked for above.

@B-dog66 issue is that the ram memory gets full. (Used by Adguard Home)
This could be supervised by manually reloading the add-on Router Information page.
Thanks.

I'll install 17 and wait for it to have the internet dropouts so I can get you some logs/info.

Last edited:
@B-dog66 issue is that the ram memory gets full.
This could be supervised by manually reloading the add-on Router Information page.

Did you configure something special in AdGuard Home? Or do you really have a lot of devices on your network?
You could try installing the beta version of AdGuard Home. Perhaps that version works better for you.
(I'm already running it for a few weeks without issues)

Did you configure something special in AdGuard Home? Or do you really have a lot of devices on your network?
You could try installing the beta version of AdGuard Home. Perhaps that version works better for you.
(I'm already running it for a few weeks without issues)
Already running the beta version and nothing special, dns+dnscrypt server and abp.oisd.nl list for adblocking. About deveices 4 phones, 2-3 pc and 2 printer, that's all what I have.
Also I'm using Aegis firewall blocklist script and it's disabled readycloud, Transmission, Netgear Downloader, Kwilt/hipplay.

It's good if you post the System Supervision log at least. : Advanced: Kamoj Menu: System Information: Supervision Show

Thanks.

I had a bit of time last night after work, so I wiped the router and reinstalled Voxel 82SF from scratch, then Kamoj beta 17.

So far I've not had any internet disconnects that I was having previously on 17.
It's working normally today whilst I'm working, so I'm keeping an eye on it so I can record the logs if it does.

Hello guys, I run into the same internet connection problem since I updated to latest voxel and re-installed the addon Version 17.
I will check out more on weekend. On v16 it is currently back running.

It's good if you post the System Supervision log at least. : Advanced: Kamoj Menu: System Information: Supervision Show
Here are some logs from my system since it's been running since last night.
There are a lot of errors and failures on some of them.

Only amended options from stock are;
- running adguard home (non-beta version 1.04)
- running OpenVPN client (NordVPN) - router information shows connection fine.
- tunnelling a number of devices to NOT use the VPN.
- LED power light turned off

I've had it running for about 18.5 hours.
I've not seen any major noticeable drops where it kicks me off my work system, or my Google Home devices say internet is down.
But it may or may not still be happening.
I'm keeping an eye on it.

Attachments

• adguard log.txt
    165.5 KB · Views: 111
  • supervision.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 94
  • flash.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 87
  • ps log.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 87
  • dmseg log.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 151
I've had a few internet dropouts this afternoon.
They only last a fraction of seconds, but either stop my streaming devices or kick me off my work system, so that's how I notice them.

Other people may not realise if it's off and back on again - especially if just browsing the internet or using buffered services like Netflix that don't drop when there is a short internet drop.

Do you have plans to introduce a country IP block feature? I'm starting to look into the options of doing this with scripts and thought it could be a good addition to the addon.

The internet drop-outs happened again and I was able to get more logs showing the errors.

The main router page shows the internet connect is still live and status as 'good', but it's kicked the internet access off all my devices.

This time I've had to manually restart the router to get it back working again.

Attachments

• supervision.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 89
  • ps log.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 92
  • flash.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 95
  • dmseg log.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 197
  • adguard log.txt
    186 KB · Views: 115

Follow on from my system logs with the internet dropouts, I've now run the patch you requested.

I'll let you know if this makes any difference.

Last edited:
The internet drop-outs happened again and I was able to get more logs showing the errors.

ps log suggests you are using a VPN connection.
and supervision log mentions that VPN tunnel failed, but restart on failure is set to OFF.

Router homepage shows that internet is up. And that might very well be true.
But because of VPN, all traffic will be routed though the VPN. And if that VPN is down, then indeed internet seems down for everyone.
(Unless you enable VPN Bypass for some IP-addresses. But even if you would have bypassed some IP-addresses for VPN, still AdGuard traffic would also be routed through the VPN tunnel that is down -> even for Bypassed devices, internet would seem down.)

Would be interesting to see what is in the VPN log. And I wonder why you don't have VPN restart enabled.

ps log suggests you are using a VPN connection.
and supervision log mentions that VPN tunnel failed, but restart on failure is set to OFF.

Router homepage shows that internet is up. And that might very well be true.
But because of VPN, all traffic will be routed though the VPN. And if that VPN is down, then indeed internet seems down for everyone.
(Unless you enable VPN Bypass for some IP-addresses. But even if you would have bypassed some IP-addresses for VPN, still AdGuard traffic would also be routed through the VPN tunnel that is down -> even for Bypassed devices, internet would seem down.)

Would be interesting to see what is in the VPN log. And I wonder why you don't have VPN restart enabled.
Thanks.

Over never had that enabled before and just keep it off as per default.
I've never had the VPN dropout before beta 17. As per previous posts, running beta 16 has no issues.

I've enable 'restart on connection failure' in the VPN.

I have 17 currently active devices and the VPN only on one of them, the rest are tunnelled to bypass. Your logic makes sense about Adguard maybe going through the VPN, which if the VPN is down, then the whole internet will get blocked even for tunnelled devices.

I don't have the logs from the VPN. I've just checked and it only saves from the last rooter restart, and so far it's running fine - so don't show the issues.

Last edited:
I have 17 currently active devices and the VPN only on one of them, the rest are tunnelled to bypass. Your logic makes sense about Adguard maybe going through the VPN, which if the VPN is down, then the whole internet will get blocked even for tunnelled devices.

I run a similar setup, I only force my bittorrent traffic through the VPN tunnel.
Hence I made some custom "improvements" to kamoj's addon, to basically invert the VPN bypass function -> in my case thus also the DNS traffic always goes directly to internet.

I run a similar setup, I only force my bittorrent traffic through the VPN tunnel.
Hence I made some custom "improvements" to kamoj's addon, to basically invert the VPN bypass function -> in my case thus also the DNS traffic always goes directly to internet.
That's interesting, that's what I had intended when I originally got Kamoj add-on.

I want to 'opt in' to VPN, rather than have to opt out everything.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!