What's new

LAN and Wifi clients suddenly dropped from AX88U with 386.7 firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

redraiderj

Occasional Visitor
Recently I experience an issue with my router, almost everyday at midnight my computer, phones, TV suddenly become network disconnected. If I check the LEDs on my router they are all shining in white, no red light for WAN, but I cannot connect to the router either use ethernet or wireless. The issue disappears if I reboot the router, but I'm not sure why it happens and I hope someone can help to check my log and let me know if it's a configuration issue or it's the firmware issue.

My router is an AX88U with 386.7 firmware, acting as Aimesh router, and I have another TUF-AX3000 running stock firmware 3.0.0.4.386_48377-g3e428e2 as Aimesh node. I'm using PPPoE, fullcone nat, and ipv6 enabled. Log is attached.

Attachments

• Log.txt
    342.6 KB · Views: 76
Recently I experience an issue with my router, almost everyday at midnight my computer, phones, TV suddenly become network disconnected. If I check the LEDs on my router they are all shining in white, no red light for WAN, but I cannot connect to the router either use ethernet or wireless. The issue disappears if I reboot the router, but I'm not sure why it happens and I hope someone can help to check my log and let me know if it's a configuration issue or it's the firmware issue.

My router is an AX88U with 386.7 firmware, acting as Aimesh router, and I have another TUF-AX3000 running stock firmware 3.0.0.4.386_48377-g3e428e2 as Aimesh node. I'm using PPPoE, fullcone nat, and ipv6 enabled. Log is attached.

Try the test build: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AGY2taGX02nVmWA&id=CCE5625ED3599CE0!1427&cid=CCE5625ED3599CE0

I'm experiencing the same intermittent drop-outs with Wi-Fi on my AX88U and 386.7_1 hasn't resolved the issue, at least for me. My AX11000 is unaffected.

This issue has already been beaten to death in the RELEASE THREAD.

Roll back to 386.5_2.

Last edited:

Roll back to 386.5_2.
Thanks! I just flashed the test build, will revert to 386.5_2 if it doesn't work.

Roll back to 386.5_2.
Rolled back to 386.5_2, still have this issue, but the router connects back to Internet by itself. Here is the log but didn't find much useful information.

1658056273779.png

Last edited:
Rolled back to 386.5_2, still have this issue, but the router connects back to Internet by itself. Here is the log but didn't find much useful information.

View attachment 42886

Some experience problems flipping back and forth between builds.
Best to do a Factory GUI Reset, checking the box next to it. (It's also advisable to wipe the JFFS partition.)
So basically a start fresh approach.
Once wiped, reflash 386.5_2 followed by another Factory Reset (check box again) then reload your settings from scratch.

If the problem only started with the 386.7 and continued with the rollback then resetting may clear your issue.

I would also reboot the Modem in case an update was pushed by the ISP or there has been a power glitch. So unplug it for 2-5 min. (do this step before you do the above)
Have the Router unplugged/turned off while you reboot the Modem.

Good Luck!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!