What's new

Large fluctuations in Download speed since 386.3_2: Coincedence?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
Since upgrading about a week ago to 386.3_2, I am experiencing large fluctuations in download speed and drops. My ISP doesn't know what it is and can't see anything on their end. I normally get 260+/- download and 10-11 upload. BTW, it was a dirty upgrade from 386.2, which was a clean job. So that may be a factor or the problem. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 8-15-21-spdmerlin_graph.PNG
    8-15-21-spdmerlin_graph.PNG
    398.9 KB · Views: 116
Is this effecting all the clients on the LAN or just the on-router speed test?

Check the logs on the cable modem.

Is this effecting all the clients on the LAN or just the on-router speed test?

Check the logs on the cable modem.
I don't think I can access it, or if I can, I don't know how. I am getting drops on other clients and my wife's tv buffers a lot..

I don't think I can access it, or if I can, I don't know how. I am getting drops on other clients and my wife's tv buffers a lot..
Are you running QOS? If not try FlexQOS. With a 10 meg upload that could be an issue.

Are you running QOS? If not try FlexQOS. With a 10 meg upload that could be an issue.
No, I'm not running QOS or FlexQOS. I'm not using a VPN at the router level, either, just client VPN apps.
The upgrade is the only thing I can think of that changed at that time. It may be something with the ISP's lines possibly.
If I don't see any changes soon, I'm going to do a clean install and see if that's it, and rule out the known possibilities.
I just despise starting from scratch.

This evening my router says it was disconnected, but it wasn't. Reset time I reckon. Still up and down on the bandwidth.

Reactions: DTS

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!