What's new

RT-AC68U Traditional QoS UL/DL limit values are broken?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A starting point would probably be to look at the code with KMO's original PRs without any of the following Asus or GPL changes, and see if that runs properly as a basepoint. If it does, then consider this as being "forked away from Asus" (like my OpenVPN code) and no longer merge subsequent changes by Asus unless they make clear sense in our context.
I think you've got a pretty good solution at the moment, and this current issue is just an odd insertion from Asus upstream. I sent a PR to revert the 802.1q line after studying it some more.

I flashed stock 46065 on the AC68U and notice that they don't really bother with any download traffic at least pre-HND. Their iptables chains are slightly different, so they may have thought their mark 6 was useful, but with the existing Merlin modifications, it didn't make sense.

Learned a lot about the old AC68U today, and how to tcpdump 802.1q traffic.

For @Mr Solis you can try this workaround until a fix is made:

Create this script with nano /jffs/scripts/qos-start
Code:
#!/bin/sh

. /usr/sbin/helper.sh

if [ "$1" = "init" ]; then
        pc_replace " mark 6 0x3f " " u32 0 0 " /tmp/qos
fi
Then run:
Code:
chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/qos-start
service "restart_qos;restart_firewall"
Works like a charm. Much appreciated!

Thanks, guys! :D

I think you've got a pretty good solution at the moment, and this current issue is just an odd insertion from Asus upstream. I sent a PR to revert the 802.1q line after studying it some more.

I flashed stock 46065 on the AC68U and notice that they don't really bother with any download traffic at least pre-HND. Their iptables chains are slightly different, so they may have thought their mark 6 was useful, but with the existing Merlin modifications, it didn't make sense.

Learned a lot about the old AC68U today, and how to tcpdump 802.1q traffic.
Ok thanks, let`s settle for just reverting this for now, and I`ll avoid merging subsequent upstream changes unless they can be found to be 100% safe and relevant.