Large fluctuations in Download speed since 386.3_2: Coincedence?

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
Since upgrading about a week ago to 386.3_2, I am experiencing large fluctuations in download speed and drops. My ISP doesn't know what it is and can't see anything on their end. I normally get 260+/- download and 10-11 upload. BTW, it was a dirty upgrade from 386.2, which was a clean job. So that may be a factor or the problem. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 8-15-21-spdmerlin_graph.PNG
    8-15-21-spdmerlin_graph.PNG
    398.9 KB · Views: 91

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Is this effecting all the clients on the LAN or just the on-router speed test?

Check the logs on the cable modem.

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
Is this effecting all the clients on the LAN or just the on-router speed test?

Check the logs on the cable modem.
I don't think I can access it, or if I can, I don't know how. I am getting drops on other clients and my wife's tv buffers a lot..

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
I don't think I can access it, or if I can, I don't know how. I am getting drops on other clients and my wife's tv buffers a lot..
Are you running QOS? If not try FlexQOS. With a 10 meg upload that could be an issue.

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
Are you running QOS? If not try FlexQOS. With a 10 meg upload that could be an issue.
No, I'm not running QOS or FlexQOS. I'm not using a VPN at the router level, either, just client VPN apps.
The upgrade is the only thing I can think of that changed at that time. It may be something with the ISP's lines possibly.
If I don't see any changes soon, I'm going to do a clean install and see if that's it, and rule out the known possibilities.
I just despise starting from scratch.

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
This evening my router says it was disconnected, but it wasn't. Reset time I reckon. Still up and down on the bandwidth.

Reactions: DTS