What's new

Latest updated router settings migration tool?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnDeere

Regular Contributor
Hi all,
please let me know what is the latest method for saving/transferring router settings.
I tried the one which can be found on this forum, it works fine, but I couldn't solve my problems with it. Maybe it transferred some bad data too, because it is designed for older FW versions, I don't know... But I'm using the latest FW, and I still couldn't get back my web history and statistics features. After several factory resets, FW updates, clear nvrams, etc...

I'm not talking about the "save/restore settings" in the router GUI - I know that's not good for different FW versions.

What are you transferring from/to?

I don't think anything will save web history and statistics though unless done purposefully/manually.

From AC68U back to the same. Doing factory reset to solve my problems (SMB file server crash, empty web history, empty traffic statistics graph, etc)
I don't need traffic history transferred, I only need those features available and working again...
They used to work until a FW update.

Which firmware versions are you jumping between?

I would suggest you follow the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides to get your router to a good/known state again.

Consider that some/many old settings you're used to using don't apply to newer firmware.

Start with the defaults suggested in the guides in my signature below and only change one option at a time until you get the network behavior you need.

I would suggest you follow the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides to get your router to a good/known state again.

Consider that some/many old settings you're used to using don't apply to newer firmware.

Start with the defaults suggested in the guides in my signature below and only change one option at a time until you get the network behavior you need.
Ok, I will try, thank you. Sorry, but where exactly is your signature...?

If you're on a mobile device, try turning the screen landscape. Then you will see 'more' of the posts and the signature should be at the bottom. :)

If you're on a mobile device, try turning the screen landscape. Then you will see 'more' of the posts and the signature should be at the bottom. :)
Yes, you are right. I never use landscape on my mobile, but this time this was the solution :)
I wish my AC68U problems could be solved this easy :)

From what I hear, the NVRAM-SAVE-RESTORE utility that @john9527 had made has been resurrected and being tested as we speak. Soon to be released to the masses. ;):)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!