What's new

Let's encrypt issue on latest 386.1 beta 2 (RT-AX86U)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dr_lucas

Regular Contributor
When trying to get a let's encrypt certificate, it keeps showing "Authorizing".

[EDITED: Let's encrypt issue is already listed as known]

Also, if I disable let's encrypt (set it to none), it generates a local certificate, but showing it was generated by and for 192.168.50.1, while my router is set on 192.168.1.1 and the network is on 192.168.1.x of course.

Last edited:
When running a beta firmware, it's a good idea to read the info posted in the Beta thread, especially the second post that lists all known issues. There are MANY posts there already about this.

192.168.50.1 isn't an issue. This is a configurable option.

Probably means the certificate was issued before you changed the IP, you will have to regenerate it.

I add myself to the conversation because I would like to ask, is it normal that after a factory reset the ddns section still shows the active certificate? and if so, what does its revocation entail?

Format the JFFS partition on the next boot, make sure you hit 'Apply' at the bottom of the page before you reboot 3 times in the next 10 to 15 minutes (waiting between 5 to 10 minutes between each reboot).

Thanks. Unfortunately it didn't make any change.

Was broken in beta 2, a backup was restored on top of the newly generated certificate. Will be fixed in beta 3.

On RMerlin 386.1 Beta 4, the new certificate is generated and valid on my RT-AX86U.

Is this problem related somehow to a problem I get on my AC86U? I'm currently on 386_2.
I use succesfuly duckdns and I get error while trying to get LE certificate:

Verify error: Fetching [...] Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

Also on my RPi I can't get my certificate to work in docker - I get http connection to site which is supposed to have be certified..

It works just fine on my AX86U firmware 386_2

Let's Encrypt.jpg