What's new

Let's Encrypt Status: Authorizing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mkaand

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone,

I researched a lot but I couldn't find a proper fix Status: Authorizing issue. I want to use Let's Encrypt at my RT-AX86U and Merlin 386.1 Beta. Can you tell me advise? I turn off Firewall for connection with Let's Encrypt servers. It stuck at Authorizing. I need help. Thanks.

I think the LE integration is broken right now. See also Merlin's post here.

I think the LE integration is broken right now. See also Merlin's post here.

Thank you very much for information @Mutzli It seems playing with LE is just wasting time. Self signed certificate rocks.

Hi Everyone,

I researched a lot but I couldn't find a proper fix Status: Authorizing issue. I want to use Let's Encrypt at my RT-AX86U and Merlin 386.1 Beta. Can you tell me advise? I turn off Firewall for connection with Let's Encrypt servers. It stuck at Authorizing. I need help. Thanks.

Yes, here it is like that too! follow my solution!

Hi @Rafael Viana

Thanks for sharing this solution but this is not proper way to use LE. I already know that solution but auto renew won’t work. After 3 months I should renew manually. This is not I want. I turned off WAN access. And turn on vpn connection and self signed certificate ok for now. I upgraded to beta 3

Hey, I hope you've already found a solution to this. If not, and for anyone else having a problem, have you given your router access to WAN both on 80 and 443, or, do you have a http server on your LAN with ports forwarded to those ports? LetsEncrypt won't authorize unless it finds those ports open with something to connect to. Nevertheless, I wasn't getting my certificate updated by my router. Since I have a webserver on a Raspberry Pi (I run a FreshRSS server for my friends and family) I installed certbot on the pie which does the LetsEncrypt authorizing and updating separately from my router. Was wondering if the update problem had been addressed when I saw this thread.

Hey, I hope you've already found a solution to this. If not, and for anyone else having a problem, have you given your router access to WAN both on 80 and 443, or, do you have a http server on your LAN with ports forwarded to those ports? LetsEncrypt won't authorize unless it finds those ports open with something to connect to. Nevertheless, I wasn't getting my certificate updated by my router. Since I have a webserver on a Raspberry Pi (I run a FreshRSS server for my friends and family) I installed certbot on the pie which does the LetsEncrypt authorizing and updating separately from my router. Was wondering if the update problem had been addressed when I saw this thread.

Bo there is no solution. I use self-signed certificate.

@jackalope50 and @mkaand - Lets Encrypt is working for RT-AX86U under Merlin 386.1_Beta4 and under Latest Asus Stock Version 3.0.0.4.386.41535. I would assume that the other models on b4 will work as well.

@jackalope50 and @mkaand - Lets Encrypt is working for RT-AX86U under Merlin 386.1_Beta4 and under Latest Asus Stock Version 3.0.0.4.386.41535. I would assume that the other models on b4 will work as well.

Thanks @kernol Where can I found changelog for beta 4? Thanks.

Where you can download it.

Latest firmware upgrade for AX92u also fixed the letsencrypt stuck on authorizing issue. So it looks like ASUS is starting to roll out the fix.

For now I used the work around as above by @Rafael Viana but the whole port 80 bit, does that mean I need to setup a port forward of 80 to 80 to my routers IP for this to work?

Was there any resolution to the Let's Encrypt?
I'm having issues trying to get self-signed certificates to work with any browser and I would prefer to not pay for an SSL cert.

This certificate is used for HTTPS access to the router's GUI. Enabling GUI access from WAN is not advisable and you don't really need HTTPS access from LAN. Regardless if Let's Encrypt is working or not - you don't have to pay anything. Disable it, close the WAN access and use HTTP for LAN access.

I'm trying to secure my LAN so I can safely use no-ip ddns and openvpn server for remote access of security cameras. I've been fighting OpenSSL for some time and nojoy with any browser for self-signed certificate. Trying to avoid paying for something that I only need for personal access of a router, not a webpage, etc.

You don't need this certificate. I have set the router in 2 minutes time using No-IP DDNS with no certificate and OpenVPN Server on custom port and I have access to the GUI from WAN and to another device attached to the router. There is no need to secure your LAN from yourself using encrypted access to your own devices. Who else you don't trust and with ability to sniff traffic has access to your LAN?

This is unrelated to Let’s Encrypt certificate in DDNS section. Built-in OpenVPN client/server does encrypt the traffic.

My apologies. Everything I read about OpenVPN is that is does not encrypt the traffic. Maybe I'm seeing old threads?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!