Let's Encrypt Status: Authorizing

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

mkaand

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone,

I researched a lot but I couldn't find a proper fix Status: Authorizing issue. I want to use Let's Encrypt at my RT-AX86U and Merlin 386.1 Beta. Can you tell me advise? I turn off Firewall for connection with Let's Encrypt servers. It stuck at Authorizing. I need help. Thanks.

Mutzli

Very Senior Member
I think the LE integration is broken right now. See also Merlin's post here.

mkaand

Occasional Visitor
I think the LE integration is broken right now. See also Merlin's post here.

Thank you very much for information @Mutzli It seems playing with LE is just wasting time. Self signed certificate rocks.

Rafael Viana

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone,

I researched a lot but I couldn't find a proper fix Status: Authorizing issue. I want to use Let's Encrypt at my RT-AX86U and Merlin 386.1 Beta. Can you tell me advise? I turn off Firewall for connection with Let's Encrypt servers. It stuck at Authorizing. I need help. Thanks.

Yes, here it is like that too! follow my solution!

mkaand

Occasional Visitor
Hi @Rafael Viana

Thanks for sharing this solution but this is not proper way to use LE. I already know that solution but auto renew won’t work. After 3 months I should renew manually. This is not I want. I turned off WAN access. And turn on vpn connection and self signed certificate ok for now. I upgraded to beta 3

jackalope50

New Around Here
Hey, I hope you've already found a solution to this. If not, and for anyone else having a problem, have you given your router access to WAN both on 80 and 443, or, do you have a http server on your LAN with ports forwarded to those ports? LetsEncrypt won't authorize unless it finds those ports open with something to connect to. Nevertheless, I wasn't getting my certificate updated by my router. Since I have a webserver on a Raspberry Pi (I run a FreshRSS server for my friends and family) I installed certbot on the pie which does the LetsEncrypt authorizing and updating separately from my router. Was wondering if the update problem had been addressed when I saw this thread.

mkaand

Occasional Visitor
Hey, I hope you've already found a solution to this. If not, and for anyone else having a problem, have you given your router access to WAN both on 80 and 443, or, do you have a http server on your LAN with ports forwarded to those ports? LetsEncrypt won't authorize unless it finds those ports open with something to connect to. Nevertheless, I wasn't getting my certificate updated by my router. Since I have a webserver on a Raspberry Pi (I run a FreshRSS server for my friends and family) I installed certbot on the pie which does the LetsEncrypt authorizing and updating separately from my router. Was wondering if the update problem had been addressed when I saw this thread.

Bo there is no solution. I use self-signed certificate.

kernol

Very Senior Member
@jackalope50 and @mkaand - Lets Encrypt is working for RT-AX86U under Merlin 386.1_Beta4 and under Latest Asus Stock Version 3.0.0.4.386.41535. I would assume that the other models on b4 will work as well.

mkaand

Occasional Visitor
@jackalope50 and @mkaand - Lets Encrypt is working for RT-AX86U under Merlin 386.1_Beta4 and under Latest Asus Stock Version 3.0.0.4.386.41535. I would assume that the other models on b4 will work as well.

Thanks @kernol Where can I found changelog for beta 4? Thanks.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Where you can download it.

Piggie

Occasional Visitor
Latest firmware upgrade for AX92u also fixed the letsencrypt stuck on authorizing issue. So it looks like ASUS is starting to roll out the fix.

calzor suzay

Regular Contributor
For now I used the work around as above by @Rafael Viana but the whole port 80 bit, does that mean I need to setup a port forward of 80 to 80 to my routers IP for this to work?