What's new

DDNS>Webui SSL Certificate>Server Certificate: "Authorizing”

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skeptical.me

Very Senior Member
Maybe I missed a post about this with a solution, I searched, but no solution was given.

When I try to generate a Let's Encrypt certificate for DDNS I get the message in Webui SSL Certificate>Server Certificate: "Authorizing”, and it just stays that way and does not load a certificate.

Has anyone found a solution?

I've updated to Merlin

3004.388.6 Beta​

and now it says "Unknown or processing", not sure what that means.

Change it to Auto then back to Free Certificate to Let's Encrypt; and Apply in between.
1705424186188.png

Change it to Auto then back to Free Certificate to Let's Encrypt; and Apply in between.
View attachment 55613

I received an error message "Authentication failed. (The current DDNS service unable to process certificate renewal via 80 port from the Internet. Suggest to use ASUS DDNS server instead.)"

Edit: I use NO-IP for my DDNS

Edit 2: I swapped to ASUS.com for my DDNS and the Let's Encrypt certificate loaded.

Last edited:
I have the same problem; I cannot obtain a new certificate on the GT-AX11100 router with Firmware: 3004.388.6. It doesn't help even when I choose Auto then back to Free Certificate to Let's Encrypt and Apply in between. When I select the Free Certificate from Let's Encrypt, a message appears: Unknown or processing... and I cannot get the certificate.

If you have IPv6 enabled on the router go back into the DDNS settings and disable IPv6 updates.

I never had IPv6 on. I have another issue that is not the topic of this conversation, maybe it is, but now I can no longer add the guest user to Instant Guard.

This is an error from the logs, so it's not a firmware error. The issue is that the rate limit for the DDNS domain for which I am requesting a certificate has been exceeded on Let's Encrypt.

Feb 16 14:43:52 kernel: Create new order error. Le_OrderFinalize not found. {
Feb 16 14:43:52 kernel: "type": "urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited",
Feb 16 14:43:52 kernel: "detail": "Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for \"us.to\". Retry after 2024-02-16T14:00:00Z: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/",
Feb 16 14:43:52 kernel: "status": 429
Feb 16 14:43:52 kernel: }