What's new

License

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mahan Rad

New Around Here
I was just reading the Asus EULA where I noticed the following sentence.

"By using the software You will cause certain information about you and your computer to be sent to Trend Micro..."
or
"Trend Micro processes personal or other data received from you in the context of providing or supporting products or services to you or perform obligations..."

So my questions are:
  • What does "certain information" exactly imply and when are they sent? all the time???
  • With use of Asuswrt-Merlin firmware, will I need to agree with the same EULA/statement?

Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
  • Nobody exactly knows, Trend Micro engine is closed source
  • Yes, if you plan to use AI Protection feature

• Nobody exactly knows, Trend Micro engine is closed source
  • Yes, if you plan to use AI Protection feature
Is it only the "AI Protection feature" in Asuswrt-Merlin? cause now it seems like I have to agree with the EULA for many of its features. (Traffic Analyzer, Apps Analysis, Adaptive QoS, ...)

Last edited:
Have you asked Google the same questions?, it's not any different I gather from research that it's mainly websites so they can check them back to a cloud server for malware.

Can't speak for the present - but I've found Trend Micro to be one of the more ethical companies in that sector of the business...

Is it only the "AI Protection feature" in Asuswrt-Merlin? cause now it seems like I have to agree with the EULA for many of its features. (Traffic Analyzer, Apps Analysis, Adaptive QoS, ...)

Companies always make blanket EULAs to cover everything. They don't start itemizing which feature does what on an individual basis. So, anything that uses the Trend Micro engine is under the same EULA - that does not mean that everything in the EULA applies. For instance, Traffic Analyzer does not need to send any data back to Trend Micro, while Malicious Website Blocking does.

You will get the same type of EULA with pretty much every software product these days, and they're always broader than what really happens in reality.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!