What's new

Linksys EA6900 with Asus Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lucassiq

New Around Here
Hi guys, this is my first contact with Asus Merlin and I must say, this is the BEST firmware ever! Congratulations! My next router will be Asus just because of it :)

I have a question about the 'Turning WPS button into a radio on/off toggle'. Where can I find it?

I was able to install the Asus AC68U CFE on my linksys and after that I installed Asus Merlin (again, for the AC68U).
Its performance and stability are much better than any other firmware I tried, but since this router does not have a physical button for turning wifi on and off, everytime it reboots, the wireless is turned off. So I need to restart it again so it is back on :(

I know that this is out of the scope of Asus Merlin, but is there something I could do about it?

Thanks,
Regards

Running Asuswrt-Merlin on a non-Asus router violates multiple licenses. AiCloud, the Tuxera filesystem drivers, the TrendMicro DPI engines - those are only legally licensed to run on Asus routers.

Running Asuswrt-Merlin on a non-Asus router violates multiple licenses. AiCloud, the Tuxera filesystem drivers, the TrendMicro DPI engines - those are only legally licensed to run on Asus routers.

Thanks for the reply RMerlin. My mistake. I'm going back to stock CFE and ddwrt. (and a asus router in the future).

lucassiq,
just add these lines to your /jffs/scripts/init-start script
Code:
nvram set btn_wltog_gpio=255
nvram set btn_wifi_toggle=255
nvram set btn_led_gpio=255
nvram set pwr_usb_gpio2=10
nvram set led_pwr_gpio=6
nvram set led_wps_gpio=8
nvram set led_usb_gpio=255
nvram set led_usb3_gpio=255
nvram set led_5g_gpio=255