What's new

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnD5000

Very Senior Member
Is there any way to log into a AiMesh node and setup auto reboot? I'd like to reboot my AiMesh nodes nightly (say 3:00am in morning) but do not know how to do it. If I try to logon to my node (192.168.1.42) I get a logon screen, sign in and then get redirected to the main node (192.168.1.1).

Is this possible? Thanks

If you logon to the node with SSH; this should work

That thread is from 2015, before AiMesh. Will these still work on a AiMesh node (note I haven't read through or tried yet)? When I try to log into my AiMesh node, I get rerouted to the main router (through GUI). Haven't tried SSH but not as comfortable going through that mode so just want to make sure before I try.

Thanks

Basic Linux commands haven't changed much since 2015. :)

Remember, at any point during the steps you can stop and delete what you've done.

But you are the one needing/wanting this to work. It is only fair you test it for everyone else. :)

But my question is, why do you want your routers rebooting on a schedule? That is not a sign of a stable network to me, that is a sign of something wrong.

Basic Linux commands haven't changed much since 2015. :)

Remember, at any point during the steps you can stop and delete what you've done.

But you are the one needing/wanting this to work. It is only fair you test it for everyone else. :)

But my question is, why do you want your routers rebooting on a schedule? That is not a sign of a stable network to me, that is a sign of something wrong.

Actually, I had one node that kept losing connection. But, I realized that every time my house heater comes on, the connection goes down on the node. So, I tried changing the WIFI channels. The last time the heater turned on, it did not lose connection. So, maybe I don't need to reboot the node on a schedule. Hopefully that node will be stable on the new channels.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!