What's new

Loss of Internet connection on TV and Alexa (does not pass the "DNS" step) when SSD connected with addons

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fanasus

Regular Contributor
hello,

Everything worked well and now my TV "LG" (does not pass the "DNS" step) and "Alexa" devices no longer connect to the Internet!
- I tried to downgrade firmware 3004.388.6-2 to 3004.388.6, but it didn’t change anything!
- changing the ethernet cable to see, I even thought that the Ethernet port of the router or that of my UPS APC was faulty.
- then came the idea if it had appeared after a update of the Addons, then "miracle", I disconnected my SSD from the router and rebooted, and then TV and "Alexa" connected again.

I don’t have the competence to get out on what happened! what should I do to reconnect my SSD without reproducing this problem please

thanks

Last edited:
- then came the idea if it had appeared after a update of the Addons, then "miracle", I disconnected my SSD from the router and rebooted, and then TV and "Alexa" connected again.
OK, so which add-on(s) got updated when you "update of the Addons"? If you remember which one's got updated start there. Search through this subforum (or filter the posts) for the addon that was updated to see if others are reporting issues with that specific addon and it's update.

OK, so which add-on(s) got updated when you "update of the Addons"? If you remember which one's got updated start there. Search through this subforum (or filter the posts) for the addon that was updated to see if others are reporting issues with that specific addon and it's update.
hello, no I don't remember sorry. Is there a log where this is recorded?

- and so I completely disconnected the SSD of the router, because I don't know what to do

Hi,

I think you may try to access amtm, and try to look into Skynet and Diversion, especially their blocklists. Then, changing their blocklists to default, or the minimum ones to see if your devices can connect to the Internet again. If not, you can try to remove Skynet, then Diversion to test your devices' connection again.

Is unbound in the play here? See other thread that discusses this.

Thanks @Quoc Huynh and @thelonelycoder,

as the problem came from the Addons, I finally formatted the connected SSD, and reinstalled:
- "skynet" (with the list of @Viktor Jaep )
- and "Diversion" with "large list"
& block ADS for LG TV with these addresses: lgad.cjpowercast.com.edgesuite.net, ngfts.lge.com, us.ad.lgsmartad.com, us.info.lgsmartad.com

- I did a test with a TV, it is well connected. I hope it will not happen again.

Other problem !!

some time ago it worked, I could copy delete items in my folder
and "now" I encounter a problem on the FTP of the SSD, during network access, I can see my personal file,
but it no longer accepts my identification and responds !!?: "Impossible to perform the operation because the original element of «xx (at SSD-ASUS)» is not found."

i don't understand this answer, thanks for help

You're welcome. It's great your TV is connected again!
In terms of your SSD network access, sorry I do not have any experience. Hope that someone else can help you 😁

Hello,
1 - it’s strange in "Skynet", "no data to display" strange !!

2 - via the SSD on the router, I continue in FTP with this concern of not being able to access a folder (I am the administrator), when I autentifier, it sends me an error that login or password is not valid, while it is written correctly! (it worked before). what can be the reason please!? thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!