What's new

Lyric T6 doesn't connect to the internet anymore (is connected to wifi)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ddaenen1

Very Senior Member
I have a Honeywell Lyric T6 thermostat connected to the internet via a Linksys Wifi AP that is hooked up to an Asus RT-AC88u router and since several days, it doesn't connect to the internet anymore despite the fact that it is connected to the wifi network. The thermostat also shows offline in my Honeywell homekit app.

I have made changes to my network recently, adding a 24p switch and moved a number of wired connections from the from the Asus to the 24p switch but this particular Wifi AP i didn't touch and is still connected to the Asus via utp as it has been since i installed the thermostat.

I have tried resetting the thermostat and resetting the wifi but that doesn't fix it. I can see the thermostat in my Asus LAN list so it is connected to the AP and the connection of the AP to the router is also ok.

Through google i have found some IP's that the Thermostat must be able to reach (12.149.218.73 , 104.209.185.251) but i get a 100% packet loss when i ping them. Does this mean the servers are down or i have an internet access issue for these IP's in my network?

Just for the record, i have no internet connectivity issues in the network and i can ping other sites successfully via the AP, router or any other device in my home network.

Last edited:
Fixed! it turns out the switch config caused some ip conflicts that have now been completely resolved.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!