What's new

Mastiff: Init every 30 seconds?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ola Malmstrom

Regular Contributor
I changed the "Log only messages more urgent than" from Notice to Warning a few days ago. This looked fine for a while. However after an automatic restart tonight around 03:30, I have started to get the message "Mastiff: init" about every 30 seconds or so.

When I browse the log file, I can see this message for a while after the previous restart. Then it disappeared by itself.

I have both QoS and AiProtection set to off after a complete factory reset about 2 weeks ago. Running 388.5 on a ZenWifi XT12 Pro.

Is this a real problem that I need to deal with or can I just ignore it? Everything seems to work fine, very low CPU load and nothing else that I can see.

Thanks MDM - tried search but probably not in all threads..... mea culpa!!

So my conclusions are:
  • it is a known issue and can be ignored since it doesn't do any harm
  • if I want to get rid of the message, I can set the "Disable Asusnat tunnel" to Yes which MAY affect performance

Nothing to do with performance (How did you get That??! 😅), just with some ASUS services (like ASUS App etc.).

I browsed through both links you sent. Lots of stuff..... I may have misunderstood something, but it was written that performance MAY be reduced with 20 % in some cases. Is that what you mean?

No, it is as I wrote - it does NOT affect performance, rather it can not! 😉

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!