What's new

Max Number of devices on a Aimesh Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You know far more and have tried far more than I have.

But my story is similar, with all of the frustration and less of an idea of how to fix it.

I have an ASUS Lyra trio. Set up via backhaul to Verizon router. I think my house has about 26 devices because everything works great for a few weeks, but then we pull out an old iPad or use a smart TV and - boom - can’t connect to network. I reset everything and it works fine for a few more weeks.

I have NEVER seen more than 25 devices on the network. And usually we’re fine. But then my parents or in-laws come over with their computers, phones, iPads... and the entire network just seems to shut down. And still, only 25 devices on the network at any time.

So when we have company at the house, I have to go around unplugging the Apple TV, Roku, Nest cams... turn the iPads to airplane mode, etc. just to keep it under 25 devices.

I never knew where the limitation was, but it has to be the ASUS stuff.

Anyone have any recommendations for a backhaul-type setup that can handle more devices? Commercial grade AP of some sort?

I have 1 or 2 Ethernet jacks on every floor of the house. There has to be something that is just plug and play, right?!?!

Hello,

I finally gave up with Asus setup, i have sold my 3 routers to replace them by an ubiquiti unifi solution.

Since end of Jan I'm using 3 unifi APs, + unifi gateway USG (theses 4 devices costs me more or less the same price than the 3 asus routers), and my network is really more stable without connection drops (I dont use any cloud key as i installed unifi controller on a personal VM instead).
I'm now also thinking on changing my switch to a unifi manageable switch as this landscape works really well.

Have a nice day.