What's new

May 23, 2018 RT-AC88U new firmware 384_20942 available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gregory Phillips

Very Senior Member
I'm currently on 384.20379 and my router is flashing that a new bios version is available but the router cannot contact the server to get it. When I check my product page the support page is not available so Asus is definitely adding a new bios version today so keep checking for it. I will update this with links and behavior when I am able to get it.:D

My RT-AC3100 is showing an available update too but the change log is not up nor is the portable installer on Asus' website. What gives? I've been wondering what is taking so long for this model to get a new f/w and am growing tired of stability problems and disconnects of my nodes and/or their clients. I'm about to roll a couple back to wireless bridges because some (CetonCorp Echo Windows Media Center Extenders) of my clients are real sensitive to changes in network state and need to be power cycled nearly every time I go to use them so they'll connect back to the host WMC PC which is unacceptable. Hopefully this f/w will roll out with a changelog and more importantly will fix this issue.

I just checked and the support page is still down and the router cannot contact the update server so no update as of yet.:(

The firmware version number is however weird 3.0.0.4.948_20942. 948??!!

Sent from Nokia 7 Plus with Tapatalk

I'm currently on 384.20379 and my router is flashing that a new bios version is available but the router cannot contact the server to get it. When I check my product page the support page is not available so Asus is definitely adding a new bios version today so keep checking for it. I will update this with links and behavior when I am able to get it.:D

Similar story here for the RT-AC86U... current 3.0.0.4.384_20648 with pending 3.0.0.4.984_20942 and no release notes... yet.

OE

It seems like the last time they did this that the firmware didn't appear on the server until late in the day eastern time.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20942 2018/05/21 45.88 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20942
- Improved system stability.
- Improved AiMesh performance.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.
- Fixed OpenVPN client authentication issues.
- Fixed DDNS register bugs.
- Administrator can asisgn specific WAN interface to register DDNS in dual wan load balance mode.
- GUI can show current control channel when enabled Smart connect.
- Fixed OpenVPN client DNS related issues.

For now only available under Windows 7 64Bit download.

I keep checking and nothing posted on the product support page yet as I still cannot access it and the router still says it cannot connect to the server.

I keep checking and nothing posted on the product support page yet as I still cannot access it and the router still says it cannot connect to the server.
And you want to be the pioneer to install it first?
As the saying goes - you can always spot the pioneers...they're the ones with arrows in their backs.

And you want to be the pioneer to install it first?
As the saying goes - you can always spot the pioneers...they're the ones with arrows in their backs.
Well if it doesn't work so well I'll roll back no harm done.:D

Yeah, within the router is wrongly indexed, so unless someone fix the wrong number we only have the Asus firmware download site as source. :(

Yeah, within the router is wrongly indexed, so unless someone fix the wrong number we only have the Asus firmware download site as source. :(

I see what you mean when the router searches the update server it gives the new version number but can't access it.

Now the router yellow exclamation mark is off and when I use the router upgrade check it states that I have the latest version so something has changed.

For me it says The router's current firmware is the latest version.

This anticipation thread needs to be deleted. Create a new thread when any firmware actually releases :)

FWUgrade.JPG

I have the flashing yellow exclamation point but in the Firmware Upgrade page it says it is up to date. Should I upgrade from the flashing yellow exclamation point? I usually don't do that but manually go to the Firmware Upgrade Page. Does clicking the yellow exclamation point just take you to this page so there will be no upgrade anyhow? I really like to read the change log before upgrading f/w but also want better stability on my nodes so may just jump in.

TIA