What's new

Merlin OVPN Client leaks DNS requests

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nottryingtobelame

New Around Here
Hello all, new here so if I'm in the wrong place, please point me in the right direction.

I recently flashed my RT-AC87U with 384.13_2. I imported an .ovpn file, setup the client, and connected to the VPN successfully. However, ipleak.net and dnsleaktest.com both show that there is a clear DNS leak.

I tried to set "dhcp-option DNS 10.x.x.1" but it made no difference. I saw another post suggesting that a time synchronization issue was causing that poster's DNS leaks (not sure how). I have ensured that my time zone is set correctly, and it is setup with 2 NTP servers. Looking at the system logs, the time appears to be correct.

Any information is appreciated; thanks in advance.

Edit to add/clarify: the same .ovpn file was known to be working on the Asus stock firmware without leaks.

Hello all, new here so if I'm in the wrong place, please point me in the right direction.

I recently flashed my RT-AC87U with 384.13_2. I imported an .ovpn file, setup the client, and connected to the VPN successfully. However, ipleak.net and dnsleaktest.com both show that there is a clear DNS leak.

I tried to set "dhcp-option DNS 10.x.x.1" but it made no difference. I saw another post suggesting that a time synchronization issue was causing that poster's DNS leaks (not sure how). I have ensured that my time zone is set correctly, and it is setup with 2 NTP servers. Looking at the system logs, the time appears to be correct.

Any information is appreciated; thanks in advance.

Edit to add/clarify: the same .ovpn file was known to be working on the Asus stock firmware without leaks.

What is Accept DNS Configuration set to in the openvpn client tab?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!