What's new

MetaGeek inSSIDer For Office Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Hi Tim,

Did you test InSSIDer For Office while using a USB 3.0 drive (either on the router or on the laptop itself)? I wonder if it would allow you to measure the RF interference caused by USB 3.0.

I gave the product only a cursory look before passing it to Doug for review. I found it a lot easier to run a check like I did for the ASUS RT-N65U to check for USB 3.0 / 2.4 GHz interference.

Hi Tim,

Did you test InSSIDer For Office while using a USB 3.0 drive (either on the router or on the laptop itself)? I wonder if it would allow you to measure the RF interference caused by USB 3.0.

Quick question Merlin, when downloading the Firmware from Media Fire, for example 3.0.4.270.26b. Does the "B" mean beta? and the ones without the "B" mean not beta? Or is everything under Experimental mean Stable version?

Please let me know

Thank You
IPHANT0MI

Quick question Merlin, when downloading the Firmware from Media Fire, for example 3.0.4.270.26b. Does the "B" mean beta? and the ones without the "B" mean not beta? Or is everything under Experimental mean Stable version?

Please let me know

Thank You
IPHANT0MI

26b means "revision b". Beta firmwares are always clearly labeled as "Beta".

anybody notice the most recent version on Win7 (v3.0?) - while nice in features, is a real resource pig on the Windows desktop?

The Android app is quite nice - in the google play store - and yes, it's dual-band aware on the right HW - e.g. Samsung GS3 - Inssider can scan the 5Ghz channels.

sfx

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!