What's new

minidlna video resume broken in newer firmware's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lit71

New Around Here
Hi,

already asked in the asus forum (http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20150205205417182&board_id=11&model=RT-AC66U&page=1&SLanguage=en-us) about this (but no reply there).

After upgrading to firmware 3.0.0.4.376.3626 my Samsung TV couldn't resume playback of the video files at the position where I stopped playback as before. The video files now always start from the begining.
3.0.0.4.376.2524 had the same problem, but 3.0.0.4.374.5517 did work.

Now I notice that there are new firmwares (3.0.0.4.376.3754 by asus) or merlin releases, but I before doing the upgrade (and factory reset which is recommended for the newer firmwares), I would like to ask if this issue is known and maybe fixed?

Thx,
Frank

In your shoes with a broken firmware, it is wiser to upgrade yourself and tell us if this issue is fixed with new fw.

Of course, this is assuming you have properly reset the router to defaults already and manually and minimally setup the router first. If you haven't, these steps are highly recommended.

Even if a reset to factory defaults works for your issue, the newer firmware is out for a reason. Upgrading, in my mind, is not optional.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!