What's new

RT-AC88U Wireless Client issue on firmwares above 3341

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ScottW75

New Around Here
Hi

I bought an AC88U to replace a previous asus router due to it locking up periodically and i installed it yesterday.

I followed the instructions and updated to the latest firmware. All my wired clients worked fine but i was having issues with certain wireless devices that i can control with my phone:

1. Harmony remote hub was reachable on the network occasionally but more often than not didn't work using the phone app. The remote itself functioned fine and the remote confirmed the hub was on the network correctly.

2. Wemo link wouldn't function correctly. I tried to install in numerous times but it failed during setup. Occasionally it would get to the add wemo lightbulbs but fail not long after.

3. Mu-So wireless speaker. Would configure fine but not be reachable by any phone or iPad on the network

4.Sky Q box would work fine on the TV but the phone app wouldn't find the box on the network to allow streaming to the phone app.

After a bit of searching i found a few mentions of wireless isolation but this is already turned off in the wireless setting (set AP isolated is no) . I then found this thread: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...d_id=11&model=RT-AC88U&page=1&SLanguage=en-us which sounds exactly the same as the issue i am having. I then rolled the firmware back to 3341 and now all the devices work as expected.

My question then is has something changed in the firmware versions after 3341 or is there a bug in the 3 versions after 3341 that causes intermittent wireless client issues? Am i missing a setting in the newer firmware versions that changed after 3341 that would resolve my problems?

I don't really want to stay on an old firmware version for the life of the router, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have same issue, AP Isolation is on all the time and there is no way to disable it unless you roll back to 3341. I've complained about this issue to ASUS for the past 4 months and it is being ignored.

That doesn't really fill me with confidence. It makes me tempted to return the router if they can't respond to a bug a few people seem to be having.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!