1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Mixing/Meshing DSL-AC68U (stock firmware) and RT-AC68U (merlin)

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by thekfeeeeee, Jul 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. thekfeeeeee

thekfeeeeee Occasional Visitor

Hi guys,

Currently, I have the two devices (DSL-AC68U and RT-AC68U) in an AiMesh and everything works as expected.
    Due to changes in my office, I need to isolate client(s) connected to LAN Port 4 on the RT-AC68U so that they do not have access to other clients within my network (as described in this thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/f...guest-network-for-asus-merlin-rt-ac68u.18969/).

So my question is: Can I install Merlin on the RT-AC68U to run the custom scripts described in the thread above and still have an AiMesh with the non-merlin DSL-AC68U or is this just not possible?

Thanks for your help, guys!

2. Grisu

Grisu Part of the Furniture

I think you cant run these scripts on an AP-node without routing.

But wait for GNUton's new DSL-release, maybe he will support Aimesh too like Merlin does now with 384.13.

3. thekfeeeeee

Looking into Gnuton's changelog of the latest release I saw a bulletin stating

• rc: allow experimental AiMesh toggle to survive factory default resets
    Does that mean there is an option already present? (I didnt find it yet)

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

No. A lot more work was required to enable support for it. That was just a flag I added for private testing before work formally began.

5. thekfeeeeee

Okay, thank you. Well, than I just have to wait ;)