What's new

Mixing/Meshing DSL-AC68U (stock firmware) and RT-AC68U (merlin)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thekfeeeeee

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

Currently, I have the two devices (DSL-AC68U and RT-AC68U) in an AiMesh and everything works as expected.
Due to changes in my office, I need to isolate client(s) connected to LAN Port 4 on the RT-AC68U so that they do not have access to other clients within my network (as described in this thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/f...guest-network-for-asus-merlin-rt-ac68u.18969/).

So my question is: Can I install Merlin on the RT-AC68U to run the custom scripts described in the thread above and still have an AiMesh with the non-merlin DSL-AC68U or is this just not possible?

Thanks for your help, guys!

I think you cant run these scripts on an AP-node without routing.

But wait for GNUton's new DSL-release, maybe he will support Aimesh too like Merlin does now with 384.13.

Looking into Gnuton's changelog of the latest release I saw a bulletin stating

• rc: allow experimental AiMesh toggle to survive factory default resets
Does that mean there is an option already present? (I didnt find it yet)

Does that mean there is an option already present? (I didnt find it yet)

No. A lot more work was required to enable support for it. That was just a flag I added for private testing before work formally began.