What's new

MoCA 2.5 adapters?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

any news on the moca 2.5 box?
The last component is ready now. It is the most important part, RF connector.
We are building it now, hope to release it very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_5472.JPG
    IMG_5472.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 472
The question is if its compatible with all cabel-tv networks and that for 55USD?

It appears to have one 1Gbit ethernet port. A little surprised by this. Thought they might have done 2.5Gbit NBase-T. Still, since a gigabit ethernet port can push 2 Gbit total (full duplex), and MOCA is half duplex, this adapter should still push more than a MOCA 2.0 through the Gigabit port.

I'm am very interested in buying this. But if it has a 1gbps ethernet port then it is no better then moca 2.0. Does anyone know what type of ethernet port it is? Also should we invest in Cat6 or Cat6a now?

I'm am very interested in buying this. But if it has a 1gbps ethernet port then it is no better then moca 2.0. Does anyone know what type of ethernet port it is? Also should we invest in Cat6 or Cat6a now?
Bonded MoCA 2.0 would max below 800 Mbps in a multi-node setup, but MoCA 2.5 adapters should be able to max out the GigE interface ... so better, even if not achieving MoCA 2.5 max throughput. (A bit like the early MoCA 1.1 adapters using FastE ports.)

Bonded MoCA 2.0 would max below 800 Mbps in a multi-node setup, but MoCA 2.5 adapters should be able to max out the GigE interface ... so better, even if not achieving MoCA 2.5 max throughput. (A bit like the early MoCA 1.1 adapters using FastE ports.)
The Actiontec Moca 2.0 setup I've seen showed a steady 970mbps. That's all you can expect out of gigabit. I would be happy with 2gbps even though its rated for 2.5gbps. My NAS has a dual Gigabit LAN link aggregation, so I know I could use the extra bandwidth.

I too am surprised it doesn't have a 2.5Gb ethernet port. The chipsets are out there and it should be just a slight price increase for a competitive advantage no other moca device would have.

In fact, there would even be use cases where this may be preferred to running ethernet to support 2.5Gb.

I too am surprised it doesn't have a 2.5Gb ethernet port. The chipsets are out there and it should be just a slight price increase for a competitive advantage no other moca device would have.

In fact, there would even be use cases where this may be preferred to running ethernet to support 2.5Gb.
Wait so you know for sure it only has 1gigE? That's very disappointing. If that's the case I'm going to pass on this

This is my MoCA 2.0 speed

58619787_2313988831997163_6251700296649539584_n.jpg

This is my MoCA 2.0 speed

58619787_2313988831997163_6251700296649539584_n.jpg
Is this a multi-node setup which @krkaufman was referring to or just two MoCA adapters? Are the adapters traversing a splitter or just straight coax?

Is this a multi-node setup which @krkaufman was referring to or just two MoCA adapters? Are the adapters traversing a splitter or just straight coax?

Setup was like this, with 3 MoCA 2.0 adapters plus a Poe filter to the coax wall outlet.
Just look for MoCA 2.0 Home network setup on google and you get many solutions how to do it right.

58737464_2311998732196173_8887828635977777152_n.jpg

Last edited:
there's probably going to be a couple of advantages with these adapters.

if you have more than 2 nodes, you can get some benefit out of > 1 gigabit speed.

if you weren't able to get full speed (1 gb) out of moca 2.0 because of attenuation or noise, this should provide more speed because of the extra channels.

these adapters cost significantly less than the actiontec moca 2.0 adapters do. as long as they're reliable, it will be great.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!