What's new

MoCA 2.5 adapters?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've noticed some of the faq items are new, so hopefully they're still working on things. It would be sad to see this product not hit the mainstream.

User zoomlenz has a set of 4 they are willing to sell. I'd get in touch with them. :)
See here:
I purchased 4 of these to replace my Actiontec bonded 2.0 units.

Between sections of the house with relatively modern (read: RG-6) cabling the units are stellar- stable at ethernet line speed. The sections with (admittedly janky) RG-58 cabling are not stable when running with the 2.5 adapters. Works fine with the Actiontec back on those nodes.

Ultimately not really an upgrade for me, overall. Anyone interested in some 2.5 adapters? ;)

They're definitely not a bad choice. Suck you couldn't get these though. I'm wondering what happened to them?
Idk. I'm also going to buy their newest MOCA Wifi ac router to extend wifi to the other side of my house more efficiently. This is how I talked myself into buying the Actiontec ones lol. I found an unopened pair on Ebay for $105 so I'm not too upset.

I found an unopened pair on Ebay for $105 so I'm not too upset.
Yeah, the actiontec when found at a discount are a steal. :)

And to be honest, if you were only going to use them in a point-to-point link, the addtional bandwidth wouldn't have been of any use anyways. It's only when you've got multiple units all going simultaneously that you'll see the benefit of the 2.5gb bandwidth since each ethernet port is limited to 1gb.

They are probably losing a lot of business with there silence on this. I mean they have the hard part (the design) done already. Not sure what they're thinking. Wonder if it could be reverse engineered and reproduced based on pictures of one disassembled?

They are probably losing a lot of business with there silence on this. I mean they have the hard part (the design) done already. Not sure what they're thinking. Wonder if it could be reverse engineered and reproduced based on pictures of one disassembled?
I'm sure they are aware of all this. It has to be some sort of business issue that has caused them to go silent.

For those that have purchased and are using the products--how's it going?

Honestly, I just got my Motorola moca adapters tonight since these were unavailable and I must say, I’m not thrilled. My Xfinity X1 DVR/companion boxes apparently create their own moca network and they seem to wreak havoc. I tried changing the Motorolas to high band, low band, list goes on and I couldn’t get any satisfaction. No where near gigabit over rg6 and the connection when the motorolas had to deal with the X1 as NC was pretty flaky at best.

The configuration webpage on the motorolas was abysmal. You could never get it do what you intended it to do... it would always end up doing something else.

Anyhow, I’ve packaged them up and will be returning them.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!