What's new

MoCA 2.5 adapters?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Honestly, I just got my Motorola moca adapters tonight since these were unavailable and I must say, I’m not thrilled. My Xfinity X1 DVR/companion boxes apparently create their own moca network and they seem to wreak havoc. I tried changing the Motorolas to high band, low band, list goes on and I couldn’t get any satisfaction. No where near gigabit over rg6 and the connection when the motorolas had to deal with the X1 as NC was pretty flaky at best.

The configuration webpage on the motorolas was abysmal. You could never get it do what you intended it to do... it would always end up doing something else.

Anyhow, I’ve packaged them up and will be returning them.
Depending on how you're trying to set these up, there will be a way to keep the motorola moca and xfinity moca separate. Start a separate thread on it and link it here and I'm sure we can help you. :)

Depending on how you're trying to set these up, there will be a way to keep the motorola moca and xfinity moca separate. Start a separate thread on it and link it here and I'm sure we can help you. :)

Thank you for the reply. I went ahead and did as you suggested and made a post. I typed it all up while I’m at work, so hopefully I didn’t miss anything important. Thanks for the help. The post is over here... https://www.snbforums.com/threads/xg1v4-dvr-xg2v2-stb-and-moca-2-0-home-network-setup-advice.57375/

Anyone know if it's possible to buy MoCA 2.5 adapters anywhere? Actiontec seems to be the only one selling them but they're very firm in not selling to individuals, only cable companies.
As someone who is in the small town broadcaster industry I can say our station uses this provider for broadcaster related items but it looks like they are selling Moca 2.5 which is surprising for a broadcast suppler to do this, I got this in my newsletter from them https://www.gocoax.com/

As someone who is in the small town broadcaster industry I can say our station uses this provider for broadcaster related items but it looks like they are selling Moca 2.5 which is surprising for a broadcast suppler to do this, I got this in my newsletter from them https://www.gocoax.com/
Have you heard anything from them when trying to reach them? Several of the members are not able to purchase the units.

More from the goCoax Facebook page:

5E81DD68-9461-45AA-BC39-575B8148D235.jpeg

They should also put message on their web site--that's supposed to be the official source.

It's because of crap on social media vs official channels that the whole world is becoming more crazy...

Anyone make sense of the web admin console? Seems to be written for engineers. Like one spot says "NPER or VLPER will be displayed for MoCA 2.5 nodes based on value of boot config parameter 'txpriorityper'". With no mention on how to change this. I want to learn more about this, but not enjoying reading hundreds of pages of MoCa specs with confusing jargon.
Also, it's missing some of the most important information, including received signal power level, and channel in use.

September has a lot of quarters in it. Q1=1-7 Q2 =8-14 Q3=15-21 Q4=22-28 Q5=29-30

Did they happen to mention which quarter in September?

Q5? Last time I checked, there are 4 quarters in a dollar... :confused:

September has a lot of quarters in it. Q1=1-7 Q2 =8-14 Q3=15-21 Q4=22-28 Q5=29-30

Did they happen to mention which quarter in September?
Well, you may know the song 'Wake Me Up When September Ends...' as it seems like it might be a little while.
Since it's now the end of August, so I'll keep checking back periodically to see if they're in stock.

Well, you may know the song 'Wake Me Up When September Ends...'
A friend and I used to jam on this song and would rehash the chorus with 'October', 'November', and 'December' ends. :D They each fit well because they're each 3 syllables. :D

Website appears to confirm, w/ (new?) price of $59.99.

https://www.gocoax.com/buy-now

I also received an email that the MoCA 2.5 adapters were back in stock. It stated:

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR YOU
Thanks for the long time waiting, now our products are back to store. As you know, for the tariff issue with china, we have to rise the price. But don't worry, for all the customers have contacted with us, we will provide a special discount for you. You can use the older price to buy.
Thanks again!

A discount code for $5 off was included in the email. I just ordered 2 units, and the discount code dropped the price for each unit by $5. Hope these MoCA adapters work great!

Last edited:
I just placed an order for 3, using the same discount code. I've been waiting for these to come back into stock so I can build my MoCA network around the significantly higher speeds of the 2.5 standard.

This is great news! And it seems like the tariff worries are a bit overblown from these price increases. Of course for much more expensive stuff 10% will be pretty decent hit, but this is pretty reasonable.

Does anyone know when this batch will start shipping? My order confirmation email didn’t say anything specific about when they would go out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!