What's new

MoCA2.5 adapters is coming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any forum members purchase the TL-MC84 and tested yet?

Just got mine today. Have tested uploads from my PC (with nvme SSD) to a local server (Synology DS1512+), while simultaneously pulling from the internet (1 gbit). Saw around 850+ mbit for the upload, and 900mbit for the download, so it was at least running 1700mbit through the connection. My router is Asus 86U running Merlin. Will test at later date with PC transferring to second server to see if I can saturate the line.

One caveat for now, this was a direct connection between the adapters with the provided 1.5 foot coax cable. This was to solely test the adapters. I will test real-life deployment with in-wall wiring next weekend when I move into my new place (which is why I bought these).

For now, I am happy with the purchase.

Please tell us more once you put into production. Do these units have a web UI for checking firmware, frequency bands, phy connect rate, etc.?

Yup, will do. Hoping the new place has good cables set in.

It does have a WebUI, and while some of it is self-explanatory, other parts could use better explanations of what they do or how to tweak. the phy connect rate showed something like 3650 or something thereabout (not sure since I packed it all up again for the move). I'll take some screenshots once its up and running again and post here.

Just got mine today. Have tested uploads from my PC (with nvme SSD) to a local server (Synology DS1512+), while simultaneously pulling from the internet (1 gbit). Saw around 850+ mbit for the upload, and 900mbit for the download, so it was at least running 1700mbit through the connection. My router is Asus 86U running Merlin. Will test at later date with PC transferring to second server to see if I can saturate the line.

One caveat for now, this was a direct connection between the adapters with the provided 1.5 foot coax cable. This was to solely test the adapters. I will test real-life deployment with in-wall wiring next weekend when I move into my new place (which is why I bought these).

For now, I am happy with the purchase.
Thanks, happy to hear this.

Please tell us more once you put into production. Do these units have a web UI for checking firmware, frequency bands, phy connect rate, etc.?

here is a link to all the WebUI pages for the Translite 2.5 device: https://imgur.com/a/NdJYu4g

Set it up at the new place (after dealing with some spectrum wiring issues), but seeing a good stable connection from TV room downstairs, to upstairs office (using BAMF 3-way splitter at Spectrum cable entry). Security setup is confusing. Dont think the MPS button on the device works since I don't think the devices were talking to each other despite various attempts. I did have to enable "enhanced privacy" at the bottom of the Security page on both of them with the same code to get them to talk, so maybe that's where its enabled. No idea what some of the other toggles do (Preferred NC?) nor how the band selector stuff works. I've got a Ubee e31u2v1 modem from spectrum running Docsis 3.1 for 1gbit down. not sure what frequencies its coming in at since I haven't found the WebUI yet, but many speedtests keep giving me 875+ mpbs, so i'm guessing there's no interference. Don't have a filter yet since it arrives Monday. Will update if anything changes with the filter.

Let me know if you have any questions, but keep in mind I'm hesitant to do crazy testing since my setup since to be working and I don't want to mess it up.

B
here is a link to all the WebUI pages for the Translite 2.5 device: https://imgur.com/a/NdJYu4g

Set it up at the new place (after dealing with some spectrum wiring issues), but seeing a good stable connection from TV room downstairs, to upstairs office (using BAMF 3-way splitter at Spectrum cable entry). Security setup is confusing. Dont think the MPS button on the device works since I don't think the devices were talking to each other despite various attempts. I did have to enable "enhanced privacy" at the bottom of the Security page on both of them with the same code to get them to talk, so maybe that's where its enabled. No idea what some of the other toggles do (Preferred NC?) nor how the band selector stuff works. I've got a Ubee e31u2v1 modem from spectrum running Docsis 3.1 for 1gbit down. not sure what frequencies its coming in at since I haven't found the WebUI yet, but many speedtests keep giving me 875+ mpbs, so i'm guessing there's no interference. Don't have a filter yet since it arrives Monday. Will update if anything changes with the filter.

Let me know if you have any questions, but keep in mind I'm hesitant to do crazy testing since my setup since to be working and I don't want to mess it up.
Because we are using the same Chipset from Maxlinear, so the web UI is very similar.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!