What's new

MoCA2.5 adapters is coming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Samir,

I could check with my R&D team and get back with you. Is there an email that we can send you the information to?

Thank you
Thank you for the quick reply. :) I'm sure the entire community would be interested in if this will be a possibility, so any information you can post here publicly will be greatly appreciated. You can private message me for any other details that you would like to share privately. :)

I have cable Internet and TV. How would you physically hook this up if you have a modem and stb at one location?
I'm assuming you would go from coax in wall to Moca adapter. Then from Moca adapter to a splitter. Then attach modem and stb to each end of the splitter?

I should also note that this is xfinity, and I believe their stb's use some type of moca to stream recorded videos from the main stb to other non recording stb's. I wonder if these would interfere?

Last edited:
I should also note that this is xfinity, and I believe their stb's use some type of moca to stream recorded videos from the main stb to other non recording stb's. I wonder if these would interfere?
The two mocas would interfere. Luckily, I think the stb also has an ethernet jack so you can just use that instead and leave the stb moca disconnected.

The two mocas would interfere. Luckily, I think the stb also has an ethernet jack so you can just use that instead and leave the stb moca disconnected.

After some digging around, I found that if you can change the frequency of the moca adapters, they won't interfere with moca used by cable providers.

I still would like to know the proper way to hook up moca adapter with modem and stb. Such as should I use a splitter with at least 3 outputs and attach each device at end of splitter.

After some digging around, I found that if you can change the frequency of the moca adapters, they won't interfere with moca used by cable providers.
Even if you can do that, I wouldn't try to run multiple moca systems over the same wire--it's asking for trouble.

look in the support pages for xfinity. They document how to set up a moca network with their equipment on the same cables.

I still would like to know the proper way to hook up moca adapter with modem and stb. Such as should I use a splitter with at least 3 outputs and attach each device at end of splitter.
We could assist with all necessary diagrams. Kindly email sales@transliteglobal.com to purchase the MoCA2.5.

SIncerely,
Translite Team

I have cable Internet and TV. How would you physically hook this up if you have a modem and stb at one location?
I'm assuming you would go from coax in wall to Moca adapter. Then from Moca adapter to a splitter. Then attach modem and stb to each end of the splitter?

We could assist with all necessary diagrams. Kindly email sales@transliteglobal.com to purchase the MoCA2.5.

SIncerely,
Translite Team

There are two of the 1 gigabit ports on each device.
I know and that is great but for those that want to go beyond 1Gbps as it is starting to happen, having 2.5Gbps moca as a separate product should be easy to do as only the eth chipset would have to change. And that market will pay extra for that as well.

Does this mean I can have two different networks each 1gbps connecting through the adapter? Will it differentiate?
It's a switch... just like your Ethernet switch has multiple ports. So two computers, one on each 1GigE port could be transmitting/receiving at full speed and the uplink (MoCA 2.5) would transport those two sessions.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!