What's new

Modem chipset question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm back on the 8600, but while I had the 6141 installed I did try a refresh to the 6141 and noticed there were, immediately, a bunch of uncorrected errors on all channels, the highest amount was 1599. The SNR on the downstream was in good standing, too (37-38).

Anyways the 6141 has been retired and replaced and my experience with it has been eye opening for sure. I do wish I had a decent backup modem but it is what it is.
Yeah, those uncorrecteds could even be something wrong with the modem. It might be a long shot, but I'd call Arris about it and see what they do. Worse case will be nothing; best case they might send you a replacement that works correctly so you do have a good backup.

Yeah, those uncorrecteds could even be something wrong with the modem. It might be a long shot, but I'd call Arris about it and see what they do. Worse case will be nothing; best case they might send you a replacement that works correctly so you do have a good backup.

That's not a bad idea however it was bought (new) back at the end of 2013, like holiday season, end of 2013 so it might be a long shot but I might give it a try.