What's new

Monitoring performance, attributes, etc

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdikland

Regular Contributor
Spending the last few hours browsing thru this forum raised a series of questions about my own network and/or routers. First:
Over the past few weeks I installed two new Asus routers
1) RT-AC66U configured for wireless router/ IP sharing mode
2) RT-N66U configured in Access Point (AP) mode.

Both routers have the latest FW 3.0.0.4.374_979 installed.

After reading several threads here I am left somewhat confused with where people where getting the information regarding the router performance, etc. For instance, one poster was describing an issue pertaining to 5ghz wireless "connection speed" dropping to low levels which could only be restored via a reboot of the router.
Where does one get the wireless connection speed from??

Another poster discussed the internal temperature of his router suggesting this info was available from within the router setup web page. I can not find such info anywhere for either router.
How does one obtain the current operating/internal temperature of these routers??

Lastly, in checking properties of my wireless connection on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone I noticed an attribute called link speed. What concerns me is that when I select 5 ghz connection on the RT-AC66U I get a link speed of 150 mbps while a 5 ghz connection on the RT-N66U (mostly) shows a link speed of 27 - 72 mbps. In both cases the phone is no more that 6 feet from the router. Why such a difference??

Sorry I am all over the map with these questiosn but these new routers are quite 'foreign' to me. Hopefully, this forum and its members can educate me :eek: