What's new

Monitoring traffic per IP address?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zekesdad

Regular Contributor
I'm sorry, this is probably going to be a really dumb issue, but I can't seem to figure it out and I don't know enough to making googling the issue return anything that looks like it would be the right answer.

Im using the latest merlin fw on an ac-rt86u. I believe I've followed all of the instructions on this page: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Enhanced-Traffic-monitoring

all the way to the point where it says Once done, enable the IPTraffic Monitoring option. I don't see that option anywhere. Any help would be great. Thanks!

I'm sorry, this is probably going to be a really dumb issue, but I can't seem to figure it out and I don't know enough to making googling the issue return anything that looks like it would be the right answer.

Im using the latest merlin fw on an ac-rt86u. I believe I've followed all of the instructions on this page: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Enhanced-Traffic-monitoring

all the way to the point where it says Once done, enable the IPTraffic Monitoring option. I don't see that option anywhere. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Not supported by the RT-AC86U.

Ok, thank you!

My problem is that last night I was playing a game and my internet speeds absolutely died. I could go to Traffic Analyzer and see something was using all 100 mb of the 100 mb line, but I can't tell which device was currently doing it. Is there any way I can find this out next time?

My problem is that last night I was playing a game and my internet speeds absolutely died. I could go to Traffic Analyzer and see something was using all 100 mb of the 100 mb line, but I can't tell which device was currently doing it. Is there any way I can find this out next time?

If enabling the TrendMicro stuff is not appropriate, this crude script may be useful?
[EDIT]Real-time Quota Monitoring (Download/Upload/Data Used)

Im sorry, what do you mean TrendMicro stuff? The only things i see TM doing is like ddos protection and parental/child monitoring.

It looks to me like the RT68U does the IP monitoring, and even the N66U. What is it about the RT86U that keeps it from having it built in?

Im sorry, what do you mean TrendMicro stuff? The only things i see TM doing is like ddos protection and parental/child monitoring.

It looks to me like the RT68U does the IP monitoring, and even the N66U. What is it about the RT86U that keeps it from having it built in?

Please use search....

A1. Can TrendMicro enable QoS / Bandwidth Monitor/throttling etc.

A2. IP Traffic monitor option?