What's new

Movistar TV freezes after few minutes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

outon

New Around Here
Dear experts,

I have a problem when I am watching any Movistar+ channel.

After a few minutes of watching any channel the screen freezes, and I simply change the channel and return to continuous playback.

My router is an Asus RT-AC66U B1 with latest Merlin firmware.

But this problems seems to happen independently of firmware version because I have reset router to several previous version and happens in all firmware.

Any idea/help on how to find where is the problem?

Thanks,
Outon

A million variables. Wired or wireless? Tried changing router channels if wireless? Are you using a VPN? Have you looked at your router to monitor cpu and ram usage? Do you have a choice in resolution rates for streaming? What internet connection do you have? :)

My Movistar+ set-top box is wired to Asus router. Not using any VPN. CPU and RAM usage seem to be normal.

My internet connection is 600 Mbps fiber provided by Movistar.

This is happening from few month ago.

If I change my Asus RT-AC66U B1 to behave as an AP it does not freeze any channel on my set-top box. Due this problem, I currently have this config: from Movistar mitrastar-hgw-2501gn wired to Asus RT-AC66U B1 (as AP) and wired to Movistar zyxel stb2112T.

Have you setup IPTV (LAN > IPTV) on the Asus and plugged your STB into the appropriate LAN socket?

I haven't been with movistar for 3 years. I had the same setup but never got that problem.
First thing i would do is clean install the latest firmware on the Asus.
ADSLZone may be ale to help also as they have quite a few Asus Merlin users with Movistar.