What's new

N66U LAN LED's not lighting up or flashing but have connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

V_R

New Around Here
Hi all, So while looking for an answer to the above Google brought me here... :)

Just got this router yesterday, its all working fine and I have no issues connecting to the internet etc but, as title...

The LAN 1 LED on the front/top. Which is my PC, (Hard wired via CAT6 to a Gigabyte Z87X-OC onboard LAN) doesn't light up or flash. I have internet access and it works fine.

If i plug my PC into the LAN 2 socket the light comes on.

I also have a Xbox 360 which is again hard wired to the 3rd one, that doesn't light up either.

Obviously I'm running stock latest FW from ASUS. For now. :)

I've searched high and low in the settings for something i may have ticked or changed but can find nothing.

Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed/turned off or is it a fault? I'm guessing a fault as using LAN2 the LED lights up....

Thanks in advance.

Did you do a factory reset after flashing the newest firmware? If not, do so. Flashing Merlins firmware build .40 would be a good thing too.

Last edited:
Did reset the router when i did the FW upgrade, but tried again today, still the same.

In fact when it powered back on I noticed the LAN 1 and 3 lights didn't come on like they all do at the start. New one ordered, this ones going back....

Cheers for the help though, Merlins will be going on the new one I think.