What's new

NAT loopback on RT-AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ian Manning

Occasional Visitor
I have an Android app called IP Cam Viewer v5.9.5 installed on my LG G4, which is running Lollipop. Since introducing a new RT-AC68U to my network setup at the weekend and I am no longer able to access my IP cameras FROM HOME using the app (i.e. from within the same LAN) – this was not a problem before. I can access them from outside my home network (e.g. via 4G) without any problems, so there is no problem with the selected driver for the cameras. I can also access the camera's external URL (http://www.mywebsite.com:82) from a browser on the same phone when connected to the LAN - it's just the app that has an issue when I'm on the same LAN.

The RT-AC68U has a Sky Broadband (ADSL) Hub connected to its WAN port. The Asus router is configured as a DMZ on the Sky Hub, and has port forwarding configured to the cameras. The port forwarding seems to work fine, as I can access all of my cameras when I’m away from home (using either the IP Cam Viewer app or a web browser).

Previously I had all devices connected to the Sky Hub, and did not have any problem accessing my cams from the IP Cam Viewer app. It's only since the introduction of the RT-AC68U that the problems with the app started occurring.

The app developer has suggested that I need to enable NAT Loopback on the router, but I don't see an option for this anywhere. Does anyone know how/if I can enable NAT Loopback, or maybe provide an alternative explanation for this problem?

Try looking under the Firewall, General tab.

What firmware version and fork are you running?

I don't see anything under Firewall/General (only enable/disable, DoS protection, Logged packets type and Respond Ping requests from WAN). I'm running firmware 3.0.0.4.380_1031 (downloaded a few days ago)

flash firmware with the last merlin firmware
nat loopback works great !!!
Thanks for the recommendation. I've just tried flashing Merlin, and now see the NAT Loopback option. It's set to "Merlin". I still can't see the LAN cameras from the app though.
???

Thanks for the recommendation. I've just tried flashing Merlin, and now see the NAT Loopback option. It's set to "Merlin". I still can't see the LAN cameras from the app though.
???

Try setting it to one of the other options and reboot the router.

But, the following should be done even if that works for you.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

After flashing to a new firmware, the above is highly recommended. Otherwise, you won't know if you're chasing phantom glitches (from leftover code from the previous firmware version) or actual issues you can actually fix.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!