What's new

NAT loopback with ZenWIFI XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

V31L

New Around Here
Hi !

I have an issue with the NAT loopback on my ZenWifi XT8.

I have several container on my server and I want to use the reverse proxy on my LAN to access on this ressource. Synology block the port 80 and 443 so I need to do port forwarding on the router to redirect my traffic to my reverse proxy on port 8765 for HTTP and 8907 for HTTPS. My Nginx Proxy Manager listen to this port.

But my Asus does not port forwarding on my LAN. When I tried to access on a website with my domain configured with my reverse proxy, the redirection doesn't work. It's seems to be caused by the NAT Loopback which doesn't work.

The NAT loopback is active in my router (seen on the forum that it's enable by default anyway...)

Bash:
admin@ZenWiFi_XT8-3AA0:/tmp/home/root# iptables -t nat -S POSTROUTING | grep br0
-A POSTROUTING -s 172.21.16.0/24 -d 172.21.16.0/24 -o br0 -j MASQUERADE

The idea is to search for a service https://sub.domain.tld -> Adguard redirect to the reverse proxy -> access to the service via the reverse proxy.

I have Airmesh actived, some people said that it can be an issue.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!