What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ihoman202

Occasional Visitor
I have ASUS Merlin on an ASUS RT-AC68U on the latest firmware as of this post it's 384.13 and decided to try the Asus Merlin SkyNet Project but it made things really bizzard really quickly - My Family uses Charter / Spectrum and I use a Verizon Modem on my own ASUS routers - regardless both of them are on 384.13 and both are almost unusuable with the default settings - I thougth about resetting the device but I don't want to worry about the massive issues with IP Addresses not working since Charter makes us put our information in manually - even though it appears on the router as DHCP this isn't accurately reflecting the actual settings given to us by Charter. I really want to know is there anyway to reset iptables without a full reset.

I have ASUS Merlin on an ASUS RT-AC68U on the latest firmware as of this post it's 384.13 and decided to try the Asus Merlin SkyNet Project but it made things really bizzard really quickly - My Family uses Charter / Spectrum and I use a Verizon Modem on my own ASUS routers - regardless both of them are on 384.13 and both are almost unusuable with the default settings - I thougth about resetting the device but I don't want to worry about the massive issues with IP Addresses not working since Charter makes us put our information in manually - even though it appears on the router as DHCP this isn't accurately reflecting the actual settings given to us by Charter. I really want to know is there anyway to reset iptables without a full reset.
You can run SkyNet with the “firewall” command in ssh and choose option 15 to uninstall. It will remove its changes and you should be back to normal.

You can confirm with running
Code:
iptables -t raw -S
and it should have no SkyNet references.

You can run SkyNet with the “firewall” command in ssh and choose option 15 to uninstall. It will remove its changes and you should be back to normal.

You can confirm with running
Code:
iptables -t raw -S
and it should have no SkyNet references.

It appears there are no Skynet references but port 80 doesn't seem to work at all - this wasn't an issue before installing skynet - Like you had said I did the options for firewall and selected option 15 - it doesn't seem to fix anything despite no references to the firewall hence the reason I am posting here - because I am very confused as to why this uninstall option didn't work like you're post had said - likewise the documentation on the official thread also showed the same options you mentioned which is actually what went from before posting here - it seems more often than not - a search on the forum for threads turns up results for a fix but in this case it didn't so I thought since a search wasn't reflecting this unusual case - it may apply to the requirements for posting since the search feature was used before posting - a common requirement on forums of any nature.

Do you have a configuration file saved from before you started playing around with scripts (and also from 384.13)?