What's new

Need to Block DHCP from traveling across site-to-site TAP VPN Tunnel.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks, but I was hoping that I simply had to add a line to the "Custom Configuration" section of the VPN Client. I am using Merlin software for its richer VPN functionality, but I have only configured through the GUI. I don't even know where to begin to find the script area let alone add/edit. I cannot seem to find it on my ASUS router. I am running 384.14_2 code
Well, you have to make some study. With the gui you won't go anywhere...

Adding this here so I don't have to 'make study' every time I forget what I did...

0. On the client router, enable SSH access in the Administration->System->Service menu if not enabled yet, Apply changes.
1. Connect to the client router's console via ssh and check your script file directory:
Code:
admin@RT-AX56U:/# ls -la /jffs/scripts
drwxr-xr-x    2 admin    root             0 Dec  4 11:41 .
drwxr-xr-x   14 admin    root             0 Dec  4 11:15 ..
2. Create (or edit via 'vi' if it already exists!) your firewall-start script file:
Code:
admin@RT-AX56U:/# cat > /jffs/scripts/firewall-start <<EOF
#!/bin/sh
ebtables -A INPUT --in-interface tap+ --protocol ipv4 --ip-protocol udp --ip-destination-port 67:68 -j DROP
ebtables -A INPUT --in-interface tap+ --protocol ipv4 --ip-protocol udp --ip-source-port 67:68 -j DROP
ebtables -A FORWARD --out-interface tap+ --protocol ipv4 --ip-protocol udp --ip-destination-port 67:68 -j DROP
ebtables -A FORWARD --out-interface tap+ --protocol ipv4 --ip-protocol udp --ip-source-port 67:68 -j DROP
EOF
drwxr-xr-x    2 admin    root             0 Dec  4 11:36 .
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           438 Dec  4 11:38 firewall-start
3. Make the new file executable:
Code:
admin@RT-AX56U:/# chmod a+x /jffs/scripts/firewall-start
drwxr-xr-x    2 admin    root             0 Dec  4 11:36 .
-rwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root           438 Dec  4 11:38 firewall-start
4. Execute it manually the first time, or reboot router to have it loaded upon firewall start:
Code:
admin@RT-AX56U:/# sh /jffs/scripts/firewall-start