What's new

NETGEAR Debuts An Expensive Gaming Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HW wise, there are differences, The XR450/500 don't support AD WiFi where the XR700 does. Also the XR700 has LAG or Link Aggregation where the others don't as mentioned. And as mentioned, the CPUs are different. All support 160Mhz on 5Ghz AC. The XR450 and 500 are the same HW accept for the 2.4Ghz radios. The 450 does a slower connection rate is all. Other than this, they are the same.
I found that the XR450/500 has good wifi and a bit more range than the R7800 however very comparable. They all work well with my EX7700 extender out at 40 feet. :D

My R7800 is now working as a wifi bridge as it's one of the few client devices that supports 160Mhz in wireless bridge mode. :D

It's been a while since I tested the XR500 and I don't honestly remember what the results where or if I did test that model. I would presume the 500 should be good with WAN to LAN unless NG broke something. My XR450 still tests out at 900Mbps on current FW.

If your looking into a XR500, get one from Amazon with a refund policy. You can test it out your self and see if the XR500 is a good fit for you. I think it would be.

Bimmer, What's the difference between the 450 and xr700? I'm surprised at your results
Have you tested the xr500?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!