What's new

NETGEAR Intros Tri-band Wi-Fi 6 Router and Mesh Extender

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dong has done a review for the RAX200 and according to his tests, it comes out at the top for both wifi 6 and wifi 5 clients on the 5ghz band. Can't wait to receive my RAX200! :)

https://dongknows.com/netgear-rax20...tream-ax11000-tri-band-wi-fi-6-router-review/

As long your not interested in using WAN aggregation. All of Netgears RAX80, RAX120 & RAX200 + their AX6000 drop to 25mbps after 24 hours of WAN aggregation being implemented. Don't take my word for it, go to Netgear's community forum & see for yourself!!! Also, so does Asus's newest fangdangled Gamer routers.... Only router I've found that hits it out of the ballpark for WiFi6, WPA3, & more security/performance options in the GUI than all previous routers is Asus's RT-AX88U. It's also compatible with Merlin!
I've had mine setup after going through 5 routers I had to return for a hodge podge of "doesn't do what it says on the box"!!! 2 of Asus's & 3 of Netgears.....
I'm still suprised at the package put together in this Asus AX6000 though!!!!!

Wired throughput testing is not a priority at this point. All routers, especially high-end ones, provide gigabit wire-speed throughput. And, from my last round of tests, they seem to have figured out how to do that with Qos, etc. enabled.

Maybe VPN performance will be improved by more powerful processors. But I don't test that anyway.

None of the Netgear newer lineup of routers will allow QoS when WAN aggregation is enabled. Plus they don't really implement WiFi6 if you ask me.
Had the Asus RT-AX88U running Merlin on Xfinity Gigabit with WAN aggregation setup & QoS adaptive/fq_codel & DOCSIS with manual settings of 120.875 MB/s down (thats 967mbps converted) & 4 MB/s up (thats 32mbps upload) to balance the buffer float cause Xfinity's 32mbps upload always busts upwards of 42+mbps causing buffer prob's....
Using this setup I also add OpenDNS filter on all LAN traffic & bind them to Quad9 DNS & run my WAN through Quad9's as DNS over TLS with all IPv6 firewalls in place....
Using OpenVPN with Perfect-Privacy it's easy to get 400mbps down & 30mbps up for torrent's

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!